Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

IE 7 Script Issues On pages with large Box-Sets

ie 7 ie unresponsive script scripts

Best Answer PSHCS , 01 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Of all things it seems it was actually the IE compatibility script that was throwing the error.  It was the only option that was different between the various subdomains of the site.  Once we disabled it, everything worked as it should.  

Go to the full post


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PSHCS

PSHCS

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

We are getting the following errors on our website when viewing it in IE7:

 

"Stop Running This Script?

 

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

 

Yes / No"

 

The two pages we notice the error on most are:

 

home.primesourcesystems.com/directory

home.primesourcesystems.com/fyi-archive

 

Our main sites have pages that are similar, but they don't seem to have this same problem.  Are we doing something wrong?

 

PLEASE NOTE: These links are to pages on our intranet site, We have only enabled public access to them untill we can get this problem solved.  Then we will be restricting access to only the people in our home office and to registered users and admins.



#2 catrina

catrina

    Advocate

  • Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content



#3 PSHCS

PSHCS

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:49 PM   Best Answer

Of all things it seems it was actually the IE compatibility script that was throwing the error.  It was the only option that was different between the various subdomains of the site.  Once we disabled it, everything worked as it should.  







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ie 7, ie, unresponsive, script, scripts