Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Replace RSS with feedburner URL

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I want to replace my RSS link with a feedburner RSS URL. What file do I edit?

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I hard coded it in. Did notice that when I updated the URL the image disappear. So I hard coded that in too. Ideally I don't want it hard coded in. How would you suggest I do it otherwise?

Posted · Report post

Have you seen Simon's filter option above (as opposed to hard coding in the url by editing the branding section).

Posted · Report post

I was redirected over to this post by James B (thanks btw).

I am trying to do the same thing. My feed keeps redirecting to the wrong one.

(My original post with my links/details): http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/26104-rss-assistance/#entry152117)

But I noticed when I go to the pagelines-customize/functions.php to add my code it states (inactive) at the top. Even though the plugin is active and pagelines-customize/pagelines-customize.php shows (active). I pasted it in anyway, but thinking that inactive thing might not be a good sign? Noticed that pagelines-customize/style.css (inactive) as well. How do I make those active?

After pasting my filter code in any way I'm still seeing that it's still redirecting to the incorrect feed.

Thanks for any help or direction.

Posted · Report post

@Holly,

Can you provide the following please:

A screenshot of this inactive message for the plugin.

Enable PageLines Debug Mode and provide a link to the site in question. You can enable PageLines debug mode by going to PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Can you provide a screenshot of functions.php file where you have add the code.

Posted · Report post

Here is the screenshot - mind you, I have placed the code where you see it now, and at the bottom only because I wasn't quite sure. Neither resulted in anything.

Debug has been enabled.

60w.png

Posted · Report post

Ignore that (inactive) thats just wordpress saying the file you are editing is not a wordpress plugin file and is therefore not active.

Its just a container for your code, and PageLines Framework includes your code at runtime.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Okay, makes me feel better.

I think my feed is finally working in a reader. YES! THANK YOU!!!!