Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Events Setting Up A Single Event In Content Section

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Nick.

I LOVE the work you are doing for pagelines extending, it's great.  So, I've got a clean install of pagelines, I activated the events section, followed the instructions for setting it up and for some reason I'm having trouble getting single events to display.  What I'd like to do is feature a single event on my home page that a user can click on for more information.  Here's what I'm entering for code:

[event_single id="23"]

So, the ID there is what I see when I want to edit the event but when I click on the view link, I actually get the slug for the event title.  I'm trying to troubleshoot this and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've imported the sample data to try and figure it out but I don't think there's a single event example in there.  Also, I'm noticing that agenda content isn't showing up on any event either.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers.

James. 

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

OK works now.

You didn't have the loop section in the page template. ;)

Nick

Posted · Report post

That's where I'm getting "23" from.  For some reason though, the shortcode doesn't seem to work when setting it up on my home page.  Am I able to use that shortcode outside of an event post?  

Posted · Report post

Hey Nick,

Sorry to cause so much stress.  Yes, the section is activated.  I'm using the slugs event and events.  Individual events are accessible but for some reason the archives aren't.

http://www.screencast.com/t/4knQpK2nD

Here's a link to an event: 

http://ecd.transformecommunications.com/?events=district-conference

Posted · Report post

You also should set your permalinks so the event archives show. Choose Monday and Day or something other than default.

Posted · Report post

Hey Nick,

I usually tweak the permalinks but was hoping on a fresh install to get things working first.  Thanks for the help.  I didn't think I needed the post loop in the home page if I wasn't wanting it there.  But I guess now I know better.

Thanks,

James.

Posted · Report post

Ya if you have anything in that edit window, it will be in the loop just so ya know.