• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Is it possible that your Browser Specific CSS plugin could be updated to include classes for the versions for the most popular browsers?

ie is the only browser that has classes for its versions (.ie9 .ie8 and so on...) at present and it would be very useful if there were versions for firefox, chrome, safari and opera. For example I'm finding differences between opera 12.12 and 11.6, all looks good in latest version but the next youngest there are a couple of issues so I can't apply any CSS to .opera as the latest version is fine.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi MissT,

I've not heard of this before outside of ie, but we'll pass this suggestion on to the core team for you :-)

#3 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thanks James, there is a non Pagelines plugin that does something similar - 'Awebsome! Browser Selector' - it seems to work in a similar way but it has a separate class for the version e.g. .opera .v11. 

Thanks again :)

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

You're welcome, a client also sent in a modified version of the browser specific plugin which some additional classes, I've sent these both through for review :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CSS, browser specific CSS