Photo
- - - - -

Pageline Sections - Made a #2 of Quickslider and it seems to have made #2 of everything.

sections duplicate page options

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationForest Lake, Brisbane, Australia
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Professional Edition

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

I watched the video on you tube about how to make a second section.  So I was really experimenting at the time and did this in the Drag and Drop section and made a 2nd section of Quickslider and it worked just like the video showed!

Went to bed, got up the next morning and went to do some more admin work on the site and when I know go to look at the Page options, Site Defaults looks fine with all the normal sections (no #2 for Quickslider).

But all the other page defaults (Blog down to 404)  now have #2's for every section and the originals defaults are missing except for Quickslider which is still there with Quickslider #2.

If I go to Drag & Drop the original sections show up but I can no longer hide as no options but I can still clone (haven't tried it though).

So I'm stuck using the default settings at the moment rather than having the freedom of being able to use the page options etc.

I've uploaded some screen shots for clarity in case what I've written doesn't make sense.

[attachment=723:site-defaults.png]

[attachment=724:blog-page.png]

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

Site Defaults will never show clones, so this is working as intended.

Also, regarding the issue where some default sections are not displaying but their clones are, can you remove these clones from the Blog template, then disable all non-PageLines plugins and try again. As I am unable to recreate your issue.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

The clones don't appear when I view the template pages.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hi there, when you say 'The clones don't appear when I view the template pages.' do you mean using templates defulat, 1-5 on static pages? If so can you try deactivating any third party plugins to see if this corrects. If not, zap us a screenshot of the drag and drop template for that template (default, 1-5) and the meta settings for the static page :-)

#5 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hi James, I wasn't referring to the default pages but rather the blog page where I originally made the single clone.  So I'm clear, we're talking about the drag and drop section now right?  I'll upload now the screen dumps I had prepared of that section for the blog pages and when I get back from picking up my daughter from school will make a screen capture of the default pages from the drag and drop section (if this is the place) for you but they all look the same.  (I can't seem to upload any more even though the files are small one is 66.X kb and it says I've exceeded the limit).  Can I email them to you or should I start a new strand?

#6 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Oh just quickly - if its easier to go into an SQL table to show what's happened, I'm familiar with phpmyadmin for SQL

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hi, you can keep on with this thread, no need to make a new one :-)

If you use imgur or jing you can paste the urls in for the screenshots and we can access from there.

Also go to Pagelines>site options>advance and check the debug tab for us.

#8 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm still working on this issue.  When I fill in the default settings for the default page, it seems to bring back the original on the other pages and gets rid of the duplicate.  So spending remainder of my time doing that this afternoon.  I don't get a lot of uninterrupted time unless I stay up after midnight here, so sorry I haven't responded to your last post in a bit as I've been keeping normal sleeping patterns for the most part in the last month..

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

HI,

I apologise but I still not entirely sure what your issue is. In my reply above, the image shows that when I clone a section it appears in the Page Options > Blog Page. I am not sure but I think you may be slightly confused as to what Page Options is. 

Page Options allows you to configure sections via Site Defaults, as well as configure your special pages setup and sections. If you wish to configure a section on an individual post or page, you do this via the Posts or Pages PageLines Meta Settings.

However, if you're cloning sections on the Blog Template and these clones are not displaying like in my image above. Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins and then do as James mentioned above and record the full issue with the free app called Jing please.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sections, duplicate, page options