#1 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hi,

When I try to add sections to Sidebar 1 using the drag'n'drop interface, the changes aren't saved. I've tried in three different browsers (cleared cache) and have deactivated all plugins with the same result. This problem just began occurring this afternoon. I am using the most current version of Pagelines. I am using the base theme. My site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Grant

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi Grant,

If you have no plugins active and the problem still persists, it may well be a problem with either your server or Wordpress installation. However, would it be possible for you to enable PageLines debug mode please.

PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

#3 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have enabled debug. How could it be a problem with my wordpress installation or server if I have never had a problem till now?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hi there, the only thing the debug is showing is that some plugins are still active. Were you doing anything specific this afternoon when you noticed this started happening? Installing anything or making and specific changes to the site etc?

#5 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

The only plugin stil running is BackUpBuddy. Was not making any changes. I only had been trying to add about 20 cloned boxes to sidebar 1. What do I do to fix this issue? should I give you my login info to see if you can replicate the problem?

#6 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

hello?

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

It could be that there is a conflict with backup buddy, I would say deactivate that as well to see if it has an effect.

If you could take a screenshot of your admin area (drag and drop) so we can see if anything is showing which is different from normal. And if possible take a video screenshot using jing -

then we can see what's happening directly.

The boxes section doesn't go into the sidebar though, do you mean widgets?

#8 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

James-

I have deactivated BackUpBuddy and still no changes. I also did a video screenshot as requested:

Please watch the whole video as the error appears towards the very end. What's happening, why won't it work, and what can be done to fix it!?

GRANT

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hi Grant

Yeah i see what you mean, they seem fine for so long then out of nowhere they vanish and the entire section is empty.

If you could leave the debug tab checked in Pagelines>site options>advanced, I will have to speak to one of our developer team and get them to watch the video to see what they suggest.

Other than the plugins have you added any scripts into the header/footer sections of the site via the custom code page?

The developer team won't be back in until tomorrow now, but as soon as I have spoken to them I'll post back with an update.

#10 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

I have not added any scripts via the custom code page to the header/footer.

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Just a thought, try upping your php memory to 256mb, your host can do this for you. This could be related to why the section is clearing itself.

Otherwise, I've left a message for one of our developers so as soon as I hear back from them with more info I'll let you know.

#12 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hi James,

Tried upping my php memory to 256mb, however the result is still the same. Please let me know as soon as you hear back as this issue is setting me back greatly in the development of a client's website.

GRANT

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi Grant,

Thanks for providing the video, but I am unable to recreate the issue. I have added the ContentBox and cloned it up to 20 times and moved the order of ContentBoxes around, added the Highlight section which is also cloned and move the order and I am still not able to get the same outcome as you.

As a test can you try disabling all third party sections such as the Facebook section you have active and try again, to see if you can recreate the issue and if possible record this one too.

Although, your video clearly displays some kind of issue, I fail to understand how this is slowing down the development of a clients website. Surely your Clients design doesn't require 20 or more cloned ContentBoxes ? If so, why not simply use the Text Widget?

#14 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi Danny,

When you say you are unable to recreate the issue, are you logging into my backend or are you trying to recreate the issue on your own install?

I disabled all third party sections and tried again with no success. The sections still vanish. As you requested I recorded it also. You can see the video here:

Please advise me as to what I can do to get it working properly.

GRANT

#15 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Any solutions for this?

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I will be bring this to the attention of our developers as I am unable to recreate the issue. As soon as I have more information, I will reply here.

#17 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hi Grant, we've logged into the site and replicate what you've done on the video but even after 30mins its still not cleared the sidebar, the widgets remain in place :-(

Is there anything specific that tends to trigger it?

#18 bartok

bartok

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

Nothing specific seemed to trigger it other than it just started happening the other day. As for me, I have already transferred all my files to a new sub-development domain of jamesbeach.com and am able to contribute development uninterrupted at this point.

#19 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

That's good that you can continue working, its very strange though. I tried moving all the clones of the contentbox into the sidebar and kept moving them about, adding the other sections, going to a page, coming back etc. Just like in the video but they were still there. My colleague had the same result.

I'm still waiting to hear back from one of the other core developers to see if he knows anything else that could cause a template area to just reset like that. So I'll let you know what they say, fingers crossed it doesn't repeat this on the new test site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drag n drop, drag and drop, drag & drop, not saving