Photo
Looks Like Tumblr

Date Font and New Topics

Best Answer beardedavenger , 27 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yes, it would, but can you imagine everyone asking for CSS stuff I'd be here for hours trying to accomodate everyone's requests. It literally takes 1 second to find a css class using the inspector tool, and having that knowledge wil only making things easier for you in the future.

There's no code to reverse engineer. The demo is stock and has no code added to it. You can add the categories on a post just like any normal post and they will show up.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 niluht

niluht

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have two simple questions.

1. What is the CSS class info for changing the font for the [time-ago] meta data?
  2. How do I add another topic (like gallery or aside) and specify the icon for the new topic?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I recommend using inspector to pick up the css classes, and the icons are done automatically whenever you make a specific type of post.

#3 niluht

niluht

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I knew the first answer, but some guidance would be helpful. I'm running my site on a multisite, and if you could just tell me the path for the class, it'd be super helpful.

Adding new post types typically involves adding a name, but you include formatting and a bootstrap/font awesome icon in yours. How so I create similar customizations for additional options?

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Sure Safari and Chrome both have an inspector tool. You right click on the element, click Inspect, and it will show you the classes used. It's really simple.

There isn't any Boostrap/Font Awesome in Looks like Tumblr. Those post icons are actually using an old font system called Pictos back before PageLines had Bootstrap.

#5 niluht

niluht

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'll cut my losses on the first request, even though it would take you about 10 seconds to figure it out. On the second question, are you able to share the process you used or advise how to add the new categories, or do I need to spend a few days reverse engineering your code to figure out 4 lines of code to add to the functions.php file?

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:42 AM   Best Answer

Yes, it would, but can you imagine everyone asking for CSS stuff I'd be here for hours trying to accomodate everyone's requests. It literally takes 1 second to find a css class using the inspector tool, and having that knowledge wil only making things easier for you in the future.

There's no code to reverse engineer. The demo is stock and has no code added to it. You can add the categories on a post just like any normal post and they will show up.