Photo
- - - - -

Content hidden on Blog Page

blog page content hidden content

Best Answer James B , 27 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Hi there

I see, yeah on the blog template the content area where you place the text in a standard page is replaced with the posts so you can't have both.

However, if you download the 'contentbox' section, which is a free section from the pagelines store, this will act as a second text container. Once installed you can place this into the blog template in the drag and drop above the 'content' section and enter the text you want in Pagelines>page options>blog page>contentbox, this will then appear in the desired area.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi,

I am not sure what I am missing, can be a simple check box somewhere, but;

The content (not the posts) on my blog page is not showing up. I have checked the following settings:

1. page options>blog page>page setup>individual page section control>template> 'hide content' is not checked

2. drag and drop>template setup>page templates>blog>active sections>'content' is present

3. on actual blog page: edit page>page lines meta settings>page setup>individual page section control>template>'hide content' is not checked

What else do I need to set to get the content appear above the blog posts?

Thanks,

Istvan

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hi Istvan

Make sure that 'postloop' is active in the 'content-area' within the blog template. Both content section and postloop section are required in the template to display the posts.

#3 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thank you James,

The posts display fine, it is a bit of a content/text/ that I would like to display above the posts, if that is possible?
I thought if I add a bit of a text for the page as a content like for any other pages, that will be displayed first above/before the post excerpts on the top of the blog page. Is this not the case?

Thanks

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 AM   Best Answer

Hi there

I see, yeah on the blog template the content area where you place the text in a standard page is replaced with the posts so you can't have both.

However, if you download the 'contentbox' section, which is a free section from the pagelines store, this will act as a second text container. Once installed you can place this into the blog template in the drag and drop above the 'content' section and enter the text you want in Pagelines>page options>blog page>contentbox, this will then appear in the desired area.

#5 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hi James,

Thank you, I suspected that this was the case but wasn't sure. I can follow the contentbox way no problem.

Thanks again,

Istvan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blog page content, hidden content