Photo

Background image

platform theme

Best Answer Danny , 27 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

You're using the free version of PlatformPro and not the free version PageLines Framework which is called PageLines Lite. This is the reason why you see no such option as SuperSize background, which isn't available in Platform or Platform Pro, only PageLines Framework.

Although, you still should be able to upload a background image using Platforms options. You will most likely want to check your color options and layout or you can install the free version of PageLines via the Wordpress theme installer.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 happygirl

happygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am having the hardest time just trying to figure out how to run a background image along the sides of the content, without it showing up across the page.

I have tried loading different sized images I created in photoshop, changing the repeat, do not repeat, vertical and horizontal numbering, I must be missing something.

Thanks so much!

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

What is the url of your site so we can troubleshoot, please?

#3 happygirl

happygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

http://typeoneteens.com/

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hi Happy Girl 

Unfortunately the url you've provided is behind a maintenance plugin so we can't see the site.

From what you've described though it sounds as if you need to upload a bg image in the color control tab and then set a color for the page canvas area. Go to the color control tab, upload your image and select with tiled or supersize bg to get it to cover the whole page. 

You should now have a full page bg image which goes behind the content. Then scroll to the top of the color control tab and you'll see three color options, select a color for the 'content background' and hit save. Then you should have a page with a background image showing only at the sides and a solid color in the middle.

#5 happygirl

happygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi

I have taken down the coming soon page so you can take a look. I have built sites on this theme many times but never put a background up before. Not sure why something so simple has me stumped. I also don't see the option of supersize bg and my theme is up to date?

Thank you so much!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15818 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:30 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

You're using the free version of PlatformPro and not the free version PageLines Framework which is called PageLines Lite. This is the reason why you see no such option as SuperSize background, which isn't available in Platform or Platform Pro, only PageLines Framework.

Although, you still should be able to upload a background image using Platforms options. You will most likely want to check your color options and layout or you can install the free version of PageLines via the Wordpress theme installer.

#7 happygirl

happygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you