Photo
- - - - -

Comment Form Design

Best Answer Danny , 27 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Unfortunately, to change the comments form in that way would most likely require edits to the comments form code itself. You could try using CSS and change the widths of the input fields, but in my opinion it is a lot of work.

Therefore, I would recommend you contact one of our Pros, who will be happy to assist you, with this kind of customisation.

http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ebdb_146

ebdb_146

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi, My Site is almost finished but i am stumped as to how i can customize the Comment Form. I do not want to change the functions of the form, just move this and that around. I have a Contact Form on a Contact Page, which is the design i am going for.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but just can't find how i would change the design here.

Thanks,

Erwin

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to
use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and
follow the instructions:

In your case, you're going to be adjusting the margins of the area, so you'll need to use this property:

You'll also need to adjust widths, so you'll need this, as well:

#3 ebdb_146

ebdb_146

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Yes i have used custom CSS on the entire site, using Chrome f12 dev tools. I thought this would require php or functions.

This is great if  I can just use CSS, I will check out the links. Thanks

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi there, 

The form on the first link you've sent isn't actually a form, its the wordpress comments box, so people can leave comments about your site and it will be visible on the site for visitors to read.

If you're looking for a contact form like the one on the second link, where it emails you the contact information and message you'll need to try a plugin. Something like contact form 7 -

#5 ebdb_146

ebdb_146

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi , The Form on the first link is actually Contact Form 7, and the only way i was able to get this design was by adding HTML <div's> with float: left or right, inside of Contact Form 7 where it shows the shortcode.

So, in regards to Catrina's post, is it not going to take more than simple CSS to acheive this. Also, just to remind,  I am not trying to change the functions of the comments, basically just move the comments textinput box along side the name, email and website fields. Oh and move the text Labels (eg..Name, E-mail and website) to match the design on my Contact Us Page.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

Regarding James post above, he was referring to the second link which is a comment form for that post/page. There is no contact form on there, so we are not sure what you're referring to.

#7 ebdb_146

ebdb_146

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Danny.. Looks like we replied simultaneously, almost. And yes, it is the Comments that i am trying to change.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:50 PM   Best Answer

Unfortunately, to change the comments form in that way would most likely require edits to the comments form code itself. You could try using CSS and change the widths of the input fields, but in my opinion it is a lot of work.

Therefore, I would recommend you contact one of our Pros, who will be happy to assist you, with this kind of customisation.

#9 ebdb_146

ebdb_146

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thats what I thought. I am fine with it, the way it is, just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Thanks,

Erwin