• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carl007

carl007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hello, can you please help by explaining how I can change the background color of my fixed Navbar

the site is - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Before the update I was able to tweak the css but now, i am unable to make the whole top bar green. 

I found the css in firebug but making changes in pagelines css window and saving it, it does reflect the changes, it reverts to Blue. 

My previous code was 

.navbar.pl-color-orange {
    background-color: #00640C;
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #00640C, #00640C);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    border-top: 1px solid #00640C;
}

Can you please help. 

thank you.

am sorry to have posted it in the wrong place. 

thank you 

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hi Carl,

No worries about posting in the wrong place.

Presently, your site is down for maintenance. If you're updating a plugin or something, that's normal. If not, you may need to FTP into the site and locate .maintenance and delete that file. It's usually about 30 bytes or so.

Below is an example from one of my own sites (Note: this is not the code for yours).  You'll see how the color hex codes vary, compared to the code you provided above, which has all the same color.

If you edit your code and place it in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code, you should be able to make the navbar the color you desire if that option isn't available in the NavBar options.

Are you trying to make the top part of the NavBar green or the entire thing green?  The NavBar is designed to show 'depth' and make it stand out.  You may want to swap over to the Nav Classic and use Simple CSS Lite (a free plugin in the Store) that would allow you to change the color of the menu quite easily.

Carl, in addition to the topic you

, you may want to check this:

You'll find more code examples there.