#1 drazzar

drazzar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to build a page, that has a special area on the right side of the actual page container. This is supposed to span about the whole height of the browser, so at least 100% of the viewport and if the content is even larger than so is the special area. 

As i'm new to pagelines i'm not sure i'm doing things the right way:

I used the "after footer" hook to place a div that is holding my special area. After that i applied some css to the area and the existing site (height: 100%). What I have so far is a container height of 100% of the initial viewport but as soon as i have to scroll down because of the length of the main content my sidebar stops. Any suggestions what i can do to solve this problem? Faux-columns can not be the answer, there has to be another way.

Kind regards,

Thomas

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi Thomas

I'm not sure i fully understand the above, but if the sidebar content is stopping you could use css to make the sidebar height 100% of the browser window.

If you could take of screen shots or provide a link to the site we might be able to suggest something.

If you're interested in creating sections and custom areas you should look into joining the developer community. You can find out more here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 drazzar

drazzar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi James,

i thought this would be confusing so i created this little mockup. The site is running on my local machine right now, because i just started out with pagelines because the community and overall development seemed more appealing in genral.

The blue bar on the right side is what i want to achieve, spanning over the full height of the browser adapting to the height of the content. As far as I am aware i can not get such a layout done by just using the standard options that are already built into the base theme of pageline so i tried to do this by using a hook. Perhaps not the most elegant way, but at the moment it is the only option i can think of.

Attached Files

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17595 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

If I have interpreted your concept image correctly, that kind of layout will not be possible. As from the looks of it, you wish to have sidebar span across the browsers address bar ?

HTML/CSS/PHP do not touch the browsers UI, so this kind of layout is not possible regardless of what Wordpress theme you use.

Is this what you're trying to achieve or is my assumption incorrect ?

If it is incorrect, and you want to have a sidebar span across the entire side of your site, then this is most likely achievable but is beyond what we can assist with. I would recommend you contact of one our pros, who may be able to assist you.