Photo
- - - - -

Resizing the Quick Slider space

Best Answer catrina , 22 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

You can try reducing that white space by resizing the height of the Quickslider (the entire quickslider, not just the area in which the images are displayed). You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css. For help with the height attribute, please see these instructions: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_dim_height.asp.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amf2013

amf2013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Is there a way to resize the quickslider space on my HOME page? It is really large and takes up quite a lot of space. In watching Nick's video, I sized that area to his specifications but the slider takes up so much space. I would like it to be more narrow top to bottom, as in some of your themes with quick slider installed. Do I need to size my images to a specific size? As you will see in the photo, there is quite a lot of white space below the image and I want to remove that.

Attached Files

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 PM   Best Answer

You can try reducing that white space by resizing the height of the Quickslider (the entire quickslider, not just the area in which the images are displayed). You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. For help with the height attribute, please see these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 amf2013

amf2013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thank you!