Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

background color change

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having trouble changing the page color outside the content only. I have attached a screen shot of where Im changin it. I have tried all three combinations of color boxes.

I want to change the outside color of content to FFC402 and leave the page content as is white. Ive tried changing all 3 to FFC402, ive done just one at a time and ove done combinations of 2 and I get the same thing every time. the ENTIRE page ends up ebing that color FFC402.

post-10712-0-13148300-1361544994_thumb.p

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Do you have a cache plugin? If so, when you apply the changes, make sure to use its settings to clear the cache.  If not, make sure you do a hard refresh (on a Windows machine, Shift + F5 together) when viewing the site.  Try leaving the page background blank, add the color code to the Body only, and #FFFFFF to Content.

If all else fails, you can use a graphic solution.

Posted · Report post

nothing worked. I tried a graphic but it dislplayed all over the website including content background and I dont want it there. Im pulling my hair out over this. very frsutrating. I dont know what else to do.

Posted · Report post

Hi

I´m not sure but you can try with

body { background-color: RED;}

Posted · Report post

Hi Steelmayhem 

Please could we have a link to your site? 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The issue you have from your fist posts image is that you're missing the # from the Body and Content color options, but the # is there in the Page color.

So all you need to do is make sure that when you select your color, it has a # in front of the hex code, if it doesn't then manually add it.

Posted · Report post

Please deactivate ALL active non-PageLines plugins and refresh the page to see if the problem persists.

Posted · Report post

deactivated all but nothing happened.