Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limit Posts on Magazine Style Blog Page to One Category Only

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there a way to do this without altering the PHP in the loop.  I just want to do this on the one page that is using the blog template.  It is not my homepage, it's a lower page, but it's using the page template blog and a magazine layout - and I'd like it to pull in only posts that I have added to the category "news." Thanks for any help you can offer!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, I have never heard of any option that allows you to filter our specific categories from your blog. This isn't really a PageLines issue but a Wordpress one, I recommend you contact their support or search the plugin repository, where may be a filter plugin.

Posted · Report post

Thanks!  I am only using the blog on one page.  But I would like to limit the categories displayed on that page to just one category.  Is there a way to do that, since this blog template is just in use in one place?  Perhaps in the WP settings somewhere.  I'm not finding it!

Posted · Report post

Hi

Unfortunately, Wordpress only supports one blog. This means, if you have already set up your blog, then you can not have another page use the Blog template. If you wish to have a another page display posts from a specific category using the magazine layout, you will most likely need to use custom PHP and create a new section.

However, you can get your posts on another page but it will not be in the style of the loop used on PageLines. You can either use the Special Recent Posts plugin or the AnyLoop section on the PageLines store.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/

http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/anyloop/