Photo
- - - - -

Limit Posts on Magazine Style Blog Page to One Category Only

Best Answer Danny , 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Unfortunately, I have never heard of any option that allows you to filter our specific categories from your blog. This isn't really a PageLines issue but a Wordpress one, I recommend you contact their support or search the plugin repository, where may be a filter plugin.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wendyweb

wendyweb

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Is there a way to do this without altering the PHP in the loop.  I just want to do this on the one page that is using the blog template.  It is not my homepage, it's a lower page, but it's using the page template blog and a magazine layout - and I'd like it to pull in only posts that I have added to the category "news." Thanks for any help you can offer!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi

Unfortunately, Wordpress only supports one blog. This means, if you have already set up your blog, then you can not have another page use the Blog template. If you wish to have a another page display posts from a specific category using the magazine layout, you will most likely need to use custom PHP and create a new section.

However, you can get your posts on another page but it will not be in the style of the loop used on PageLines. You can either use the Special Recent Posts plugin or the AnyLoop section on the PageLines store.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 wendyweb

wendyweb

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thanks!  I am only using the blog on one page.  But I would like to limit the categories displayed on that page to just one category.  Is there a way to do that, since this blog template is just in use in one place?  Perhaps in the WP settings somewhere.  I'm not finding it!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM   Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have never heard of any option that allows you to filter our specific categories from your blog. This isn't really a PageLines issue but a Wordpress one, I recommend you contact their support or search the plugin repository, where may be a filter plugin.