Photo

Full Header Span

header

Best Answer Rob , 21 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

I haven't used PlatformPro in a while, but depending on your selected layout, likely the best way to do this would be to make the background at the top the background of the branding logo, then apply the logo itself as a transparent image.  Alternatively, you could make the background in the header area the branding logo (as a background), then apply a transparent .gif or .png file as the actual linkable branding image. This essentially creates a layer in which the logo is seen through the linked image.  Unfortunately in this model, you can only use a transparent image as wide as your layout canvas or page.

That said, making the branding go too far left or right would cause the image to cut off in mobile view or for those using narrow browser windows.

If you need more guidance on this, please let us know.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hey so I know you guys have tried to get us to move away from platform pro, but I still have it on a website and need some help.  I need to know how to get my custom logo span across the top of my site.  

I uploaded a repeating black strip as a background image and now it spans across the top background of the page.  I like that.  But now, I need the logo to reach the edge of the canvas and meet the strip going across the top.  

Heres a link:

http://myonlinedatingassistant.com/

I want to get rid of the white space between the logo and the header.  Please help. 

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:32 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

I haven't used PlatformPro in a while, but depending on your selected layout, likely the best way to do this would be to make the background at the top the background of the branding logo, then apply the logo itself as a transparent image.  Alternatively, you could make the background in the header area the branding logo (as a background), then apply a transparent .gif or .png file as the actual linkable branding image. This essentially creates a layer in which the logo is seen through the linked image.  Unfortunately in this model, you can only use a transparent image as wide as your layout canvas or page.

That said, making the branding go too far left or right would cause the image to cut off in mobile view or for those using narrow browser windows.

If you need more guidance on this, please let us know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header