• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Frameworks 2.4 > www.kinetixgroup.com

Im having trouble with the drop down menus at the top of the site showing up on an iPad.

I have several drop down menus under "examples" in the top nav. but the iPad does not show any drop down nav.

The attached screen shot if from my computer showing the drop down menu (not from iPad).

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thank you,

Scott

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi Scott,

I'm using Firefox and don't see the same number of drop down items you do under the Examples menu item.

My guess is that either you have some CSS hiding or limiting the number of child elements or, you have a plugin conflict. 

Start by deactivating all plugins except Akismet (if you use it), PageLines Sections and PageLines Customize.  If the problem is resolved, reactivate your plugins, one at a time.  Check the condition on your iPad. If the problem recurs the last plugin reactivated is the problem and should be replaced.

If it turns out not to be a plugin, check your custom CSS.

#3 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed your advice and it turns out the BOTH the Pagelines plugins that I paid extra for are causing the problem.

Plugins:

Salebar

Gadget

Not sure why. I have Frameworks 2.4 (A Pagelines theme), yet both of the paid plugins cause this issue. They cause it independently too, by the way. I tested them separately. They both cause the navigation to fail (or not to show the drop down). Now what I do? I paid extra for this and they cause a conflict!!!!

Arrrg.

Pagelines, HELP.

I love the plugins and don't want to give them up.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi Scott

I've recreated your set up with those plugins on my test site and tried on my iphone (no ipad unfortunately) and I can't seem to replicate whats happening.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Are you able to enable both those plugins so we can have a look on the live site to see what's happening in firebug.

#5 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Yes. I just activated both Salebar and Gadget. And, yes the issues returned.

Interestingly... I also found out that by deactivating both those plugins... it also fixed the issue I was having with NextGen Gallery (which I did not realize earlier the two were connected). 

Just be advised that these plugins cause NextGen Gallery to not allow images to be fully deleted from a gallery. They appear to be deleted, but upon returning to the plugin page they re-appear). 

But, back to the issue at hand:

If you look at the screen grab I posted initially, you will see the drop down menu under the "examples" nav. button at the top. Every time I activate either Salebar or Gadget the drop down goes away. As soon as I deactivate them, the drop down reappears.

Thanks, Scott

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hi Scott,

Ok looking at your site live now on the iphone and i can still get the drop downs with both of those active, so its working on there, just not on your ipad for some reason.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Maybe its just on the ipad its doing this, I'll try and get hold of someone who has one and see if they can test for me. Have you noticed in any other browsers or mobile devices this is happening?

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

In the meantime, whilst we're testing this, could you clear the cache in w3 total cache and then deactivate it as this could mask any changes on the page we'd need to see.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Ok good news is I've managed to get hold of someone online who has an ipad and they've tested, the drop downs are working on their ipad with both salesbar and gadget active on your site. So maybe the issue has corrected itself? Check on your ipad and let us know

#9 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

Interesting that it is working for you. It is not for me.

Im using a Mac and have tired Firefox and safari. I've also tired Firefox and Safari on the iPad. No luck.

Im not getting it to work. How are you seeing it?

Currently, I so NO drop down menu off either the Examples tab or the Marketing Materials tab. 

Lastly, Im not sure how to clear the cache in w3 then deactivate. Are you saying to clear the cache in my browser (under Develop tab)? I did that. Do you want me to deactivate Salebar and Gadget?

#10 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

To be clear, under examples, you see eight other pages in the drop down?

#11 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

It is not showing on my iPad at this time.

#12 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Is there a way for me to send you another screen grab of what I see?

#13 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

I have another site:

proudparent.com

that uses Salebar and Gadget. However, I DO NOT have NextGen Gallery on it. And it is working find. It shows the drop down menus. 

If you remember earlier I said that NextGen Gallery was having trouble when Salebar and Gadget are activated... Maybe the two are conflicting??

Im going to try turning NextGen off and the other two on just to see what happens. But, I dont want to interfere with what you are doing. So, let me know when I can try it.

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hi, yes i see all the eight tabs on the phone, firefox on the desktop and on the ipad. I'm trying to get a screenshot of the ipad for you, firefox screenshot below, I'm not sure why I can see them and you can't... that's strange.

You can attach a screenshot using the 'more reply options', they'll be a paperclip icon at the bottom of that page to upload an attachement

Attached Files

#15 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

It could well be nextgen, your fine to switch that off and try :-)

#16 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Screen Grab

Attached Files

#17 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

My plugins

Attached Files

#18 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Oh boy. So, I deactivated NextGen and left Salebar and Gadget active. It did not help. 

I deactivated Salebar  and reactivated NextGen and Gadget active AND IT WORKED.

So, It does not like Salebar.

By the way, I cleared cache each time.

I also deactivated NextGen and Gadget and left Salebar on... it doesnt work.

SO it seems that Salebar is the culprit.

What do I do?

#19 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

I don't think it is the salesbar, i will ask the next shift to test to see if they can see any differently. But so far with the salesbar active and gadet i can see the dropdowns in all major browsers.

If you leave salesbar active for the time being and totally deactivate w3 total cache. Then clear your browser cache and cookies in each browser you've tested in, give it a couple of minutes and then retest. The next shift of moderators will be in shortly, i'll ask them to check in their setup to see what they see and let you know.

#20 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ok. You have been Awesome.

Thank you.

Scott

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menu