Photo
Accordy Slider

Settings and image aspect ratio

Best Answer ahansson89 , 25 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi Jan.

1st. I made an option for you to change the slide speed.

2nd. I played around with it and could not find a better solution than what it is now. Everything I did looked wierd and text became too small to click it. I also tried to make the slider vertical on mobile devices, but that took up too much space on the device in my opinion. Therefore the aspect ratio issue that you have will not be fixed.

The new plugin is on its way to the store and I just pushed the Accordy update.

Regards,

Aleksander

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 202 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Dear Aleksander, I finally implemented your Accordy Slider. So far I had used a similar plugin, but that is not responsive, and the Pagelines integration of Accordy is of course very attractive. The first impression is very positive - Accordy is easily set up and beautifully responsive. 

I have two initial questions: Firstly, is there anywhere where I can set things such as slideshow transition timings? The Dashboard Page Options is where I would have expected this, but I could not find anything there. Perhaps I have overlooked something. 

And secondly, when I change the size of the browser window or device, the images are distorted to fit the slider. I am not an expert and responsivity is all new to me; I must admit that I still have to stretch my mind to understand it... But would there be any way to avoid this? The distorted images look, well, distorted. If the aspect ration could somehow be preserved it would be great. Even cropping seems preferable to stretched or squashed faces. Would this be somehow possible?

If these issues can somehow be resolved, it shall be Accordy throughout for me! Thank you for building the slider in the first place, and for your attention to these matters. Yours faithfully, Jan.

(P.S.: In case it is helpful for your understanding of my grievances, here is the test site I put Accordy on (nothing else so far): http://www.animating....com/wordpress/

#2 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hi Jan.

Thanks for your words.

1st: This is not a option I implementet yet. But it is not hard to do I think. I can implement it and push an update.

2nd: I hear what you say and I can implement this in the next update as well. You will prolly have to write a few lines of LESS that I will post here.

I will push this update on Sunday or early next week, as I am coding a new plugin for the store these days.

I will keep you posted in this thread.

Kind regards

Aleksander

#3 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 202 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thank you Alexander, for looking at these things. On the same subject: The vertical titles, too, remain the same and easily stretch over the edge when the screen size is reduced. But once again, I don't know what that means exactly. Have a look at it when you revisit Accordy. You'll know what is possible. Good luck with the new plugin, greetings, Jan.

#4 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 PM   Best Answer

Hi Jan.

1st. I made an option for you to change the slide speed.

2nd. I played around with it and could not find a better solution than what it is now. Everything I did looked wierd and text became too small to click it. I also tried to make the slider vertical on mobile devices, but that took up too much space on the device in my opinion. Therefore the aspect ratio issue that you have will not be fixed.

The new plugin is on its way to the store and I just pushed the Accordy update.

Regards,

Aleksander

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordy Slider