Photo
- - - - -

Navigation menu hotspots

Best Answer Rob , 20 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

Image maps are possible in WordPress. There are ways to do it with a combination of CSS and Javascript, but from experience these often fail to render properly in IE. You'll need an entirely CSS solution or, old-fashioned HTML, which may be difficult to apply in WordPress. I'm not even sure the latter would work.

However, if you check this link, and view page source, you may find a CSS solution that works:  http://www.cssplay.c.../menu/imap.html

This WordPress forum topic may also help:  http://en.forums.wor...-links-possible

I hope these help! Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jennalyn11

jennalyn11

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Is there an easy way to add hotspots/links to images. I formerly designed sites using NetObjects Fusion and made links within the images through hotspots i.e.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm currently redesigning this site using Pagelines but would like to stick to the current system I use it allows for a bit more creativity. Any ideas welcome.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Image maps are possible in WordPress. There are ways to do it with a combination of CSS and Javascript, but from experience these often fail to render properly in IE. You'll need an entirely CSS solution or, old-fashioned HTML, which may be difficult to apply in WordPress. I'm not even sure the latter would work.

However, if you check this link, and view page source, you may find a CSS solution that works: 

This WordPress forum topic may also help: 

I hope these help! Please let us know if you need further assistance.

#3 jennalyn11

jennalyn11

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

That's spot on thank you!