Photo
Citi Theme

citi theme - menu transparency

citi menu transparency

Best Answer beardedavenger , 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

OK so I went ahead and just removed fixed nav on anything under 1024px. It was kinda bothering me anyways with the lag waiting for js and then these issues is just icing on the cake.

Just deployed an update. Thanks for your patience on this and pointing it out.

Nick

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi Nick, I'm trying to add some transparency to the sticky menu bar as I need to see more of the images. Tried styling a few things in CSS including .texture but that only made the whole page transparent. Any clues on this?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Try this selector #citi-top.citi-header-fixed

#3 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Great, thank you. Also just been trying the site on ipad and Safari does this peculiar thing where if I use the menu to go to a 'page', it sticks there and the menu is disabled. If I scroll about manually, the menu then becomes enabled again. Might be worth checking out, as this theme is bang on for on-the-go type sites. If you want to check it with my site it's at stormartfair.gb.com.

Thanks

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hmm, not sure I'm quite following. The menu sits down a ways, and when the top of the browser reaches the menu it then becomes fixed.

#5 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I don't mean that the menu location sticks, I mean that the site is then stuck on that 'page' and the menu navigation stops working - until you scroll, which makes the menu usable again.

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I just loaded the site on an iPad and just can't see what you're talking about at all. I went to a page, clicked around, clicked the menu, with no issues.

It takes a second for the js to kick in on ipad which is why most fixed headers are disabled on iPad.

#7 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

When I get my site fixed I'll send you the link, thank for looking anyway

#8 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi Nick

Just trying this again on ipad, this issue is definitely there in Safari and Chrome, this is an ipad 2 running 5.1.1. What is happening is, I click (touch) a main menu link, and it goes to the page (section), no problem so far. However if I try to click/touch another main menu link, the links are now disabled. If I manually scroll a bit, the main menu links become enabled again. I'd appreciate it if you could check this out for me, quite a lot of my marketplace is using ipads so I need to be sure the menu is working. The site is stormartfair.gb.com

Thanks

angus

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

OK after some research, it turns out this is a bad bug in iOS.

http://stackoverflow...-only-work-once

http://stackoverflow...-safari-on-ios5

Honestly I don't have another choice other than to disable the fixed nav on tablets. So I"m going to send out a fix that will only cause the navbar to stay fixed on desktops.

#10 angusryall

angusryall

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds like this fix might work: http://www.weedygard...mment-724745900

#11 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM   Best Answer

OK so I went ahead and just removed fixed nav on anything under 1024px. It was kinda bothering me anyways with the lag waiting for js and then these issues is just icing on the cake.

Just deployed an update. Thanks for your patience on this and pointing it out.

Nick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Citi Theme, citi, menu, transparency