Photo
- - - - -

Network Conflict

Best Answer Rob , 02 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi,

By default PageLines Framework Pro edition is in a single installation. You'd have to undo what you did in creating the network. The easier method of accomplishing James' recommendations would be to upgrade to the Developer edition (write to hello@pagelines.com for more info).

To answer your earlier question about different content on sidebars, this is perfectly possible in either Dev or Pro levels using a plugin called Widget Logic.  This allows you to apply a widget to one or more pages, categories or posts, using valuable sidebar spaces in unique and different ways.  For example, you might use it to apply a specific text widget only to the homepage, but not to other parts of the site. I do this on my own site. Here's the plugin link: wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

I'd strongly advise reading the instructions and following the link to the conditional statements, as this is the key to successful specific widget placement.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I seem to have a problem. I am working on this huge project and I found that Paglines offers everything my client wants, but the problem is that using the template.

On a single site it works perfectly, but when created in a Wordpress Network the layout does not work. It seems there is a communication problem in retrieving the template information.

Has anybody experience this before or have a solution?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Are you using PageLines Framework Developer or Framework Professional?

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hi there, if you're using a multisite setup then only the Developer edition has the multisite support built in, so let us know which edition you're working on just to make sure.

If you could also post some screenshots of how the template is displaying we'll take a closer look to see what's happening for you.

#4 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. Our town blew a transformer and most day it feels like living in the stone age.

I have the PageLines Framework - Professional - Standalone edition. Only going to use it once.

Will post screenshots soon

#5 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

And I would also like to know if it is possible to have different sidebar content on each page

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi there, multisite (creating a network) is only supported in the developer edition of the product. So if you're installing Pagelines within a mutlisite environment then it won't display correctly using the professional edition :-(

In order to correct this you'll either need to move the site to a single installation or upgrade to the dev edition to get it working inside multisite.

#7 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

How do I move it to a single instalation?

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:03 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

By default PageLines Framework Pro edition is in a single installation. You'd have to undo what you did in creating the network. The easier method of accomplishing James' recommendations would be to upgrade to the Developer edition (write to hello@pagelines.com for more info).

To answer your earlier question about different content on sidebars, this is perfectly possible in either Dev or Pro levels using a plugin called Widget Logic.  This allows you to apply a widget to one or more pages, categories or posts, using valuable sidebar spaces in unique and different ways.  For example, you might use it to apply a specific text widget only to the homepage, but not to other parts of the site. I do this on my own site. Here's the plugin link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'd strongly advise reading the instructions and following the link to the conditional statements, as this is the key to successful specific widget placement.

#9 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for all your help. Everything is perfect.

I do have on last question...

Is it possible to have different logos on each page?

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Hi there, glad that all worked out for you :-)

Yes, there is a section created by one of the third party developers that will allow this, check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#11 bradlows

bradlows

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thanks alot for all your assistance.