Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

footer sidebar not working and thus only menu showing in footer

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I hope someone can help me.  I have spent hours today trying to figure out this issue and I'm stumped.  I run two sites with the free PageLines theme.  In one (katefitzpatrick.com) the footer widget works as it should.  In the other (newtownkindness.org), only a menu shows in the footer despite trying to use the footer sidebar.  I have gone through all of the theme options, added items to the footer sidebar and deleted them numerous times, deactivated plugins, deleted and/or moved widgets from the primary sidebar, etc. Nothing works.  All that shows in the footer is a menu of the pages on the site.  Additionally, the Twitter feed is not working, either.  I am assuming these are related issues, but I haven't the faintest idea what the problem could be.  Any suggestions or thoughts would be most appreciated!  Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Presently, the only thing that appears to be in your footer is the SimpleNav section.  I suspect that somewhere like Page Options, you have "Hide Footer Columns Sidebar" checked.  Please look in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page > Page Setup. 

Also make sure the Footer Columns Sidebar is actually in the Footer area in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Did you add widgets to the footer columns based on the number of columns set?  For example, 5 columns needs 5 widgets.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I tried that, too.

Posted · Report post

The 2nd option worked!  The option to add the twitter bar and the footer columns were both there.  Thanks so much!