Photo

footer sidebar not working and thus only menu showing in footer

Best Answer Rob , 18 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Presently, the only thing that appears to be in your footer is the SimpleNav section.  I suspect that somewhere like Page Options, you have "Hide Footer Columns Sidebar" checked.  Please look in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page > Page Setup. 

Also make sure the Footer Columns Sidebar is actually in the Footer area in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lruggiero

lruggiero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Framework Version:1.3.6

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help me.  I have spent hours today trying to figure out this issue and I'm stumped.  I run two sites with the free PageLines theme.  In one (katefitzpatrick.com) the footer widget works as it should.  In the other (newtownkindness.org), only a menu shows in the footer despite trying to use the footer sidebar.  I have gone through all of the theme options, added items to the footer sidebar and deleted them numerous times, deactivated plugins, deleted and/or moved widgets from the primary sidebar, etc. Nothing works.  All that shows in the footer is a menu of the pages on the site.  Additionally, the Twitter feed is not working, either.  I am assuming these are related issues, but I haven't the faintest idea what the problem could be.  Any suggestions or thoughts would be most appreciated!  Thank you!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

Did you add widgets to the footer columns based on the number of columns set?  For example, 5 columns needs 5 widgets.

#3 lruggiero

lruggiero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yes, I tried that, too.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:59 PM   Best Answer

Presently, the only thing that appears to be in your footer is the SimpleNav section.  I suspect that somewhere like Page Options, you have "Hide Footer Columns Sidebar" checked.  Please look in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page > Page Setup. 

Also make sure the Footer Columns Sidebar is actually in the Footer area in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.

#5 lruggiero

lruggiero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

The 2nd option worked!  The option to add the twitter bar and the footer columns were both there.  Thanks so much!