Photo
- - - - -

How to add list items ?

Best Answer Rob , 19 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hi,

We'd have no clue how a 3rd party plugin will impact your site or the Framework as I'm unfamiliar with the plugin. There are many elements of your site which use lists.  If there are conflicts, you may expect it to affect the menu or other areas.  This is why I recommend using custom CSS. At least you know exactly where it will be applied. 

I couldn't tell you where to apply the shortcode.  They may be applied in a wide range of areas, depending on what they do, how the lists are to look, etc. If you want the list in a page or post, add the shortcode in the edit area.  If it's to be on a blog page, then yes, a content box is more applicable, provided it's a static blog page.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deborah

Deborah

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

i want to add list items with a green check mark bullets . is their any shortcode plugin that would keep every pagelines features/Responsiveness etc without affecting it. what would you recommend for a neat shortcodes plugin that have list items, testimonials etc.

and is their a pagelines shortcodes ?

better if it's free.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hi,

Lists are controlled by Wordpress. The bullets are controlled by CSS.  You can learn more about using images as bullets for lists here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The CSS is added to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code.  You can use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool to find the code for your bullets as it is now.

There are no shortcodes I know of to create custom bulleted lists. You can find more about available PageLines shortcodes here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Deborah

Deborah

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

There's a plugin in wordpress plugin center called " ultimate shortcodes " i can apply list items with only a shortcode inserted with that plugin. 

Any idea if that would break any functionality of pagelines or make the code cluttered or not w3c validated ? i am kind of  " perfectionist freak ".

if i used some sort of plugin for shortcodes what's the best section to insert custom codes or content is it the content-box ?

considering that i am designing a sales page .

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:52 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

We'd have no clue how a 3rd party plugin will impact your site or the Framework as I'm unfamiliar with the plugin. There are many elements of your site which use lists.  If there are conflicts, you may expect it to affect the menu or other areas.  This is why I recommend using custom CSS. At least you know exactly where it will be applied. 

I couldn't tell you where to apply the shortcode.  They may be applied in a wide range of areas, depending on what they do, how the lists are to look, etc. If you want the list in a page or post, add the shortcode in the edit area.  If it's to be on a blog page, then yes, a content box is more applicable, provided it's a static blog page.

• Deborah likes this