Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop Shortcode Pagination and Woocommerce

jigoshop pagination shortcode

Best Answer Danny , 18 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

No I didn't try on the homepage (index) page but I see what you mean, it goes to the URL but the products remain the same. However, I switched theme to two Twenty Twelve and the same thing happens, so this is not related to PageLines but JigoShop.

I recommend you report this to their support team.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hello, recently had this problem with Jigoshop's shortcode pagination, only happens when the frontpage is set as a static page and the products are placed on this frontpage with Jigoshop's shortcode like this:

[recent_products per_page="12" columns="4" pagination="yes"]

What happens is, the products appear just fine, but when you click the pagination to go to the next page, it stays on the same page with the url changing to ...page/2/.

Not sure if anyone faced this problem as well.

I've already posted this on Jigoshop but looks like the only ones who had this problem is due to Jigoshop's conflict with the theme.

The strange thing is if I use the shortcode similarly on another page (not the homepage) say ..../anotherpage/, the pagination works just fine.

Decided to post here to see if there is anyone facing such situation too.

Meanwhile, I've also tried the Woocommerce integration done by Mike Jolley, it is really quite well done, not sure if Pagelines has any plan to swipe that in as well and improve on it.

Cos, it's basically ok, but I'm not able to use that as well since the shortcodes don't work too good too.

So I'm forced to switch my theme to one from Woothemes instead.

Hope to hear anyone's suggestions soon! Thanks!

#2 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

By the way, I understand Woothemes and Jigoshop are actually from the same source, but maybe a bit of a tweak on jigoshop's features will be great. That can help with using Pagelines as a theme. :)

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hi,

So we can try to recreate this issue, can you provide screenshots of your pages and paste the code you're using to our pastie service and add the link here.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi Danny,

But I did not use any additional coding and there is nothing I can show with any screenshot.

It's just the pagination (next ->) did not bring anyone to the next page of products, but remained on the same page.

The html a href link is correct, but strangely does not lead anyone to the correct page.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I have just create three products, then created a new page and added the shortcode you pasted above and it works fine for me.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

That's strange. It works fine if I use the shortcode on any page except for the index page.

Did you use it on the index page?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:20 PM   Best Answer

No I didn't try on the homepage (index) page but I see what you mean, it goes to the URL but the products remain the same. However, I switched theme to two Twenty Twelve and the same thing happens, so this is not related to PageLines but JigoShop.

I recommend you report this to their support team.

#8 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I have already posted this on Jigoshop's forum, they couldn't help too.

Thanks for your time anyway.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

They couldn't help you ?

It is clearly an issue with JigoShop and the shortcode not functioning as intended when used on a static page.

However, this may not actually be an issue, as the static front page, is a front page and I am not 100% sure it can be used as page2, page 3 etc... as its a front page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigoshop, pagination, shortcode