Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Include Google IE Compatibility Script?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I checked the box to 'Include Google IE Compatibility Script?'.

When I click on the link for more info I understand this should include a line of code into my source with this explenation:

IE7.js is a JavaScript library to make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser. It fixes many HTML and CSS issues and makes transparent PNG work correctly under IE5 and IE6.

Only thing is, I don't see this line of code anywhere in my sourcecode, so I'm wondering if it is included...

And I found a lot of people are talking about the code on this page: http://remysharp.com/2009/01/07/html5-enabling-script/

Is this the same what Google offers??

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Willem

PS Also the meta charset could be shortened in HTML5 > why is that not the case in Pagelines?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Willem,

I have bookmarked both your topics and when I get more information from one of our developers, Ill reply here.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted · Report post

The compat scripts are loaded on your site, using FF and spoofing the browser ID as ie7 I see this on your site : http://screencast.com/t/mYeSX6y21FI

As for the charset, the way we have it now validates on W3C validator.

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Is it normal behavior of browser Chrome to hide this? When I look the source it's not there. Also when I look it up in FF (without spoofing) it's not there.

Is it for a reason they hide this, because your printscreen shows it's there.

Charset > clear to me now!

Kind regards, Willem

Posted · Report post

It only shows for ie7 and ie8. It isn't needed for any other browser