11 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering why, when I look in my sourcecode, I still see type atribute to link and script tags?

I learned this was not neccesarry anymore with HTML5, and taking in consideration Pagelines is build on HTML5, why is it still there?

Also I see for page title and subtitle (h6) there is no use of the hgroup element, why not I'm wondering.

Kind regards, 

Willem

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi Willem,

I have bookmarked both your topics and when I get more information from one of our developers, Ill reply here.

Thank you for your patience.

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering why, when I look in my sourcecode, I still see type atribute to link and script tags?

I learned this was not neccesarry anymore with HTML5, and taking in consideration Pagelines is build on HTML5, why is it still there?

Also I see for page title and subtitle (h6) there is no use of the hgroup element, why not I'm wondering.

Kind regards, 

Willem

Which link and script tags are you referring to?

What do you mean page subtitle? Page titles and post titles both use hgroup already.

#4 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hi Simon_P,

Sorry for my late response. Sometimes I'm just doing to much things at the same time.

The link and script tags I'm reffering to:

4. No More Types for Scripts and Links

You possibly still add the type attribute to your link and script tags.

1. <link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />  
  2. <script type="text/javascript" src="path/to/script.js"></script>  

This is no longer necessary. It’s implied that both of these tags refer to stylesheets and scripts, respectively. As such, we can remove the type attribute all together.

1. <link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/stylesheet.css" />  
  2. <script src="path/to/script.js"></script>  

About the hgroup, the following from the source:

13. hgroup

Imagine that, in my site’s header, I had the name of my site, immediately followed by a subheading. While we can use an <h1> and <h2> tag, respectively, to create the mark-up, there still wasn’t, as of HTML4, an easy way to semantically illustrate the relationship between the two. Additionally, the use of an h2 tag presents more problems, in terms of hierarchy, when it comes to displaying other headings on the page. By using thehgroup element, we can group these headings together, without affecting the flow of the document’s outline.

1. <header>  
  2.     <hgroup>  
  3.         <h1> Recall Fan Page </h1>  
  4.         <h2> Only for people who want the memory of a lifetime. </h2>  
  5.     </hgroup>  
  6. </header>  

Luckily you don't use a <h1> for the site title, but for the pagetitle... but however. We stil have a site title with a subtitle (why do you choose to use <h6> for this?).

Why are the site title and subtitle not grouped into <hgroup></hgroup>?

Kind regards,

Willem

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Hi Willem

I've bring this to our developers attention and we'll get back to you shortly with more information on the above.

#6 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hi James, it has been a long time and I'm wondering what the developers said on this. 

Kind regards,

Willem

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Willem,

I'm not sure why they've not replied to James, but they're rather busy guys and prioritize based on critical need.  This issue, as important as it may be, isn't mission critical.  It may be resolved in some future edition or version.

#8 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Ok, I will keep an eye on it ;-). Ofcourse, at the end when there is time to look at this topic, I would like to receive a reply. The reason for that is that I also spend time on looking critical at the code that Pagelines uses. Maybe, at the end it isn't helpfull, but it also can be. As a user of Pagelines (built upon HTML5) I ofcourse would like that it is implemented correctly (not saying that it isn't the case at this moment, that's why I asked the questions).

Kind regards,

Willem

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Willem, as soon as answers are available to us, we're attentive to posting them to clients expecting replies.

#10 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Willem

Most everything in Framework is HMTL5 althout some things may have fallen out of spec since Framework was released. For example hgroup, yes, hgroup is no longer valid HTML5 and should be updated to reflect this but this change was made after Framework was built. 

Script tags, those are up to the 3rd party authors. I personally never use <script type=""> and just use <script> but others do things differently. Hope this helps.

#11 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

@Rob, great!

@beardedavenger, this helps, Thanks. I didn't know hgroup is no longer valid HTML5 anymore. Script tags is also clear to me.

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

No problem.