#1 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to show the latest page instead of the latest post in the third column (the one in the middle) of basic Platform footer and how this can be done?

Also how could i avoid showin most of the blogs pages in the pages column (the second one) in the footer?

By the way (you'll tell me if i should start a new thread for this) is there an easy way to switch pages to posts and posts to pages without doing it "manually"?

Thanks for your kind help!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi,

Your site was loading for me so I can't exactly see what you're trying to achieve, but you could try this plugin.

http://wordpress.org...-updated-pages/

#3 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Platform theme allows to show 5 columns in the footer, right?  Which are:  Blog name, Pages, The latest, More, and Credits (from left to right). Column 3 ("The latest") shows the latest post.

Question is: Can I hack it to always show not a post but a page and always the same page no matter is hasn't been edited for ages (so first show it and then make it sticky) ?

As for column 2 (which shows "Pages"), it will show all the blog's pages (?), so if there are a thousand it will show a footer longer than the blog (?). The only way i've found so far to avoid this is either by giving no title to pages or nesting them.

Question is: Is there another way to customize which pages are to be shown?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

There is no need to hack it, the content you're seeing is default content, the Footer has a widget area, where you can add any widgets you like.

#5 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Oh, great, thanks, i hadn't noticed... I just tried and it's perfect, it automatically replaces the default columns as i start adding widgets in Widgets > Footer Sidebars, thanks a lot!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

No problem :D