Photo
- - - - -

Simple Spacing Issue I Can't Figure Out!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reidthis

reidthis

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Okay, 

I need there to be less space between the "Video Trailers" and the embedded vimeo playlist, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've tried CSS...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Can anyone help??

Thanks!!!!

-R

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hi there, when looking into the css in firebug, look for the yellow highlighted areas, these will show theres a margin applied somewhere, usually within a <p> tag. That's what seems to be causing the problem here, please see video screenshot below, remove the margin on the p tag and the video will move up :-) 

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hi,

To clarify, you're speaking of "Video Archive" at the top, center of the main column?

The key to this is first, identifying the page ID via Dashboard > Pages > All Pages. Clicking "Edit" and you'll see the page ID in the location or address bar.  Make a note of the page number.

Your default CSS includes:

But you cannot modify this globally or it will affect other parts of your site.

So you'd prefix it with something like.
.page-id-xx  where xx represents the unique page number found in the address bar, as mentioned above.

Prefix .hentry .hentry-pad with .page-id-xx  so it reads   .page-id-xx .hentry .hentry-pad.

Then modify the 25px to a lower value, such as 2px or even 0.   This would move the content up only on that single page, leaving all others along.

Add your code to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code