Photo
- - - - -

Boxes Configuration Not Responding

Best Answer Rob , 16 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Some background on plugin deactivation.

You want to make a list somewhere of the ones you deactivate.

Leave Akismet, PageLines Customize and PageLines Sections and the cache plugin active.  Deactivate all the others at the same time.

Go to the cache plugin's settings and clear the cache.

Check the boxes.

Deactivating one plugin at a time isn't going to resolve a potential conflict.

You reactivate each, one at a time, and clear the cache before viewing to make sure that you can see any impact the plugin causes. Once activated, leave it in that state.  If a plugin causes a conflict, it will do so again once reactivated.

Also, make sure the plugins you have are not outdated by checking them at www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins.  Everytime WP is updated, there's a strong possibility that plugins may become problematic.  I recommend checking all of them about a week after the WP updates to again, see if they're fully compatible with the current WP version.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChula Vista, CA
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

My boxes are stuck on image at left.  I've tried changing it and although the selection shows a different setting, the configuration doesn't change. I've tried deleting the boxes and restoring them, I've removed the boxes widget, and it still won't work.  What else can I do?  Thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hi Arianna

I've taken a look at your source code and it shows you're using W3 Total Cache, this could be masking the changes you make on the site. Please dump the cache file within the plugin and then disable the plugin via the plugin tab in the wp admin menu.

Then refresh your cache within the browser (leaving the cache plugin deactivated) and see if the changes you made come through.

#3 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

I tried your suggestions but didn't work.  I didn't mention before that I had also tried deactivating one pluggin at a time until I deactivated all and still got the same problem.  The only thing I had not done was dumping the cache for the plugin and the browser.

Would reinstalling the theme work?  If so, how do I do it?  I looked for a way to do it and other that deleting it from the file manager and reinstalling it, I couldn't find a way to do it  What I would hate happen is to lose all the configuration so far, and have to start from scratch again.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hi,

Is PlatformPro or PlatformBase activated? You can find this at Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

Which versions of these products do you have?   PlatformBase should be 1.4.1 and PlatformPro should be 1.6.0

#5 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

It's Pagelines Framework 2.4

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Recategorizing the topic to that product.

#7 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

My apologies.  I thought I was in the right place since the dashboard indicates professional edition. 

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:14 AM   Best Answer

Some background on plugin deactivation.

You want to make a list somewhere of the ones you deactivate.

Leave Akismet, PageLines Customize and PageLines Sections and the cache plugin active.  Deactivate all the others at the same time.

Go to the cache plugin's settings and clear the cache.

Check the boxes.

Deactivating one plugin at a time isn't going to resolve a potential conflict.

You reactivate each, one at a time, and clear the cache before viewing to make sure that you can see any impact the plugin causes. Once activated, leave it in that state.  If a plugin causes a conflict, it will do so again once reactivated.

Also, make sure the plugins you have are not outdated by checking them at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.  Everytime WP is updated, there's a strong possibility that plugins may become problematic.  I recommend checking all of them about a week after the WP updates to again, see if they're fully compatible with the current WP version.

#9 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Thanks.  I will try it, and let you know.  I don't have Akismet installed though. I'm using Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin.  Do I leave this activated instead?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yes.  We don't want your site open to spam, but make sure it's not having WP compatibility issues.

#11 arianna

arianna

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Rob.  Problem Solved.