Photo
- - - - -

Navigation Bar Pages - They disappeared off the front end

Best Answer joshua22 , 24 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

hey James - 

I have updated but this has not fixed the problem. I got it back! 

I deleted the menu that i was using for my primary navigation and it returned, I dont know how that works?

Thats not the way its supposed to be is it?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hello -

Idk what i did wrong. I went to try a different option with my navigation bar and all the page options on the navigation bar disappeared. I put the settings back to the way they were and the pages still have not com back on the navigation bar. 

All of the pages still exist but they are not on the navigation bar under the header. the only navigation pages are in the footer but through that you cannot get to all the pages. this very frustrating. 

the website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I need some assistance, please help!

Respectfully -

Joshua

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi Joshua,

Please go to the drag and drop page and click on the header section, scroll down to the active list on the bottom and check that either the navbar or the classic nav is active in the header section. If not slide either in the make the navigation action.

If they are, and still nothing displays. Please check the page meta settings to see if any of the nav sections are set to 'hidden' in the meta options. Please check in Pagelines>page options is the meta is on a special page such as 'blog, archive, category' pages etc.

#3 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hey James-

I am still not having any luck. Im pretty sure it was something that I did in the Pagelines>site options. All I did was try a different type of nav setup. I set it back to the original settings but the page options on the navugation bar still haven't returned.

Joshua

#4 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

James-

I made progress. I got the pages back on top but knoe I cant' get the pages within the navigation bar nor aligned center. I am playing with the different options to try and figure it out

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Joshua

Likely this is CSS, perhaps something added to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code. Did you add any customized CSS?

#6 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hey Egg -

No, I didnt add or change the CSS. I have the page navigations back up on the site and the navigation bar underneath it. The pages are aligned to the right, my right when looking at the screen, and above the nav bar which is centered. I have looked at another site that I am using pagelines on. I set the site options to the same thing as that and it still will not return back to the way it was. It looks weird but at least for the time users can navigate. the site is a work in progress but it is getting some traffic.

the site is

Thank you for your help. I'll keep ypu guys posted on progress. Much appreciated

Joshua

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

No problem.

#8 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hey all -

I still cannot get the pages back into the navigation bar. The navigation bar and the page selections are back on the top of the page but they are not one entity within in each other. Also, the social buttons that are attached to the navigation bar are gone; maybe that has something to do with it? 

IDK what to do to fix this but it looks like crap....any more suggestions?

Regards -

Joshua

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi Joshua

Ok you have two different navbars here. One is the classic nav, the other navbar.

You'll need to remove the classic nav from the header section of the drag and drop.

Then go into Pagelines>site options>navbar, there you will see an option to select a menu to display inside the navbar. Choose your menu and hit save.

To check which custom menus you have set up, or to create a new one go to appearance>menus.

#10 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

I did everything you said. This is what I end up with.... passportsonline.org - right know in the header area under the drag and drop are the brand nav and the nav bar - without a branding section in the header I have no logo  i have no logo

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Hi Joshua

That's ok, you can leave the branding section there, its the classic nav i said to remove. Once thats removed you should then only have the black bar, which is the navbar section. You then need to go into the navbar settings and select the menu you want to use for navbar, then it won't be empty anymore.

#12 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I would love to know what it is that I am doing wrong. Can I give you the login to the back end because know the all the pages are gone, there is no navigation

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi there, ok you're half way there. All you need to do now is select the menu you want to show inside the navbar.

So go to Pagelines>site options>navbar and scroll down until you see the area where you have a dropdown to choose a menu to display. Choose your menu and hit save.

I have videoed this process for you to follow -

#14 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hey James- 

I really appreciate the videos and I have followed them. Whatever the reason is the page names will not appear in the nav bar. I am beginning to think that there is a bigger problem with my pagelines. What is the next step from here?

Joshua

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hi Joshua,

You're using PageLines version 2.2.5, the latest version is 2.4, please update to the latest version, this should resolve your issue.

#16 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:15 PM   Best Answer

hey James - 

I have updated but this has not fixed the problem. I got it back! 

I deleted the menu that i was using for my primary navigation and it returned, I dont know how that works?

Thats not the way its supposed to be is it?

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

That is not standard procedure for the Wordpress Menu. Your menu may have had some HTML that was causing a conflict, however I am not entirely sure.

The best course action is to always keep Wordpress, PageLines and your plugins up to date.