Photo

Subscription on Blog Page

subscription blog platform pro

Best Answer Rob , 16 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Okay, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup.   Select Posts Page Content Area.

Select the Universal or Content Sidebar. Place it where you'd like it to appear in vertical aligment. Click "Save Options" on the top right.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearances > Widgets and click on the sidebar you just used. A panel will open.

Add a widget.  Click save (in the widget).  View the blog page.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

How can I get a subscription widget or plugin working on my blog page?  I don't want to disrupt the post pages themselves  but only the page I set to list my blog entries?  I can't seem to use a conventional widget since it won't let me add a sidebar or alternative formatting to the main blog page.  Please help.  Thank you. 

Edited by djcsuomi, 14 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Make sure you have PageLines Sections Plugin activated.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines Store > Sections. If you see a blue button to install it, please do so. If not, you'll see sections available for purchase there, and free ones.

You go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor and select a layout with a sidebar.  Then, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and using the image map, select SB1.  It should have Primary Sidebar in it. If it does not, please move Primary Sidebar from Available Sections to Active Sections.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and add any available widget that you'd like to Primary Sidebar.

#3 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is that a plugin I have to download from Pagelines or is it in the wordpress database?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Apologies, I just realized you have PlatformPro.

If you have your sidebar in the right place, it should work.  But PlatformPro is now a deprecated product and our support for it is thinning.  I'd sincerely recommend you upgrade to PageLines Framework.

#5 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh, I guess I have been out of the loop for a little.  We will consider making the switch.

For now, though, if there is some help you can give, it'd be great.  I do have the page template including a fullwidth sidebar, which features the proper subscription widget.  However, the layout of the blog page does not seem to change, regardless of which template I assign it. Is that normal?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

By template, you mean the template that you're picking from the page editor or the blog page doesn't change no matter what sections you're deactivating or activating in Template Setup?

#7 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

In the template setup I assigned a fullwidth sidebar, to which my subscription widget is assigned, to the custom page area.  Then, in the page editor for the page assigned to the blog, I choose the custom page template.  Nothing happens. 

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

What happens if you activate the full width sidebar in a different area? Does it appear?

#9 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ya, it absolutely does. 

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:28 AM   Best Answer

Okay, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup.   Select Posts Page Content Area.

Select the Universal or Content Sidebar. Place it where you'd like it to appear in vertical aligment. Click "Save Options" on the top right.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearances > Widgets and click on the sidebar you just used. A panel will open.

Add a widget.  Click save (in the widget).  View the blog page.

• djcsuomi likes this

#11 djcsuomi

djcsuomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

You guys really rock.  Thanks. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subscription, blog, platform pro