Photo
- - - - -

pl tab content overlap sidebar only in IE

explorer pl tab sidebar overlap css

Best Answer Rob , 14 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. It's been a very busy day.

There's nothing wrong with the tabs or code.  The problem is you have some oversized images which flow under the sidebar even in Firefox.  IE is less tolerant of images. There are images of 700px in a space considerably smaller.

Keeping in mind that there's padding and margins around the content area of about 25px on either side,  when you look at Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options and see the width of the content area.  Subtract 50px from that and you have the maximum image size you should use.  I do not recommend scaling the images as IE doesn't use or handle image scaling and the problem will persist.

Images should be resized in a graphics editor.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys!

ok so here: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

the last 4 or so pl tabs overlap to the sidebar in Internet Explorer. I installed the browser specific css plugin but it caused an error so i deactivated it. 

Google IE Compatibility is checked. can I solve this with css? what should I do?

I searched for the keywords but couldn't find anything.

#2 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

forgot to mention, I set up the pl tabs with shortcode. 

#3 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

eh? anybody? 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. It's been a very busy day.

There's nothing wrong with the tabs or code.  The problem is you have some oversized images which flow under the sidebar even in Firefox.  IE is less tolerant of images. There are images of 700px in a space considerably smaller.

Keeping in mind that there's padding and margins around the content area of about 25px on either side,  when you look at Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options and see the width of the content area.  Subtract 50px from that and you have the maximum image size you should use.  I do not recommend scaling the images as IE doesn't use or handle image scaling and the problem will persist.

Images should be resized in a graphics editor.

• jonthompson likes this

#5 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

That did the trick. thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: explorer, pl, tab, sidebar, overlap, css