Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines and Special Recent Posts customizations

Special Recent Posts CSS

Best Answer Danny , 15 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Like Rob mentioned above Special Recent Posts is a third party plugin, which has been styled by its developer and uses its own classes, if you wish to have SRP have a similar style to PageLines Framework, you will need to do as Rob suggested above.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 attac

attac

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

The Special Recent Posts plugin is quite often recommended here, and this is very Pagelines specific so I ask here. 

Basically I want Pages with SRP to show posts the same way that my regular blog and archive pages show them. 

Is there anyway to make the CSS for SRP inherit values from Pagelines CSS? So that "srp-post-title" takes it values from the similar CSS for titles on blog pages in Pagelines?

Or is there a better way to do this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi,

Every element of SRP has its own class or ID.  As a result, you can make it look almost identical to the PageLines formatting by applying custom code to those SRP elements.

You would apply the CSS to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code.

I'd recommend using Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool to find and test each element's CSS.

#3 attac

attac

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Rob, but I knew that.

I wondered if there was some kind of shortcut, with LESS or otherwise, to make the elements of SRP use the CSS from Pagelines elements, rather than have to figure out exactly what CSS for Pagelines elements are. 

So rather than adding CSS to the metainformation-classes in SRP-posts, I can have them use the metabar class that Pagelines use. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:33 AM   Best Answer

Like Rob mentioned above Special Recent Posts is a third party plugin, which has been styled by its developer and uses its own classes, if you wish to have SRP have a similar style to PageLines Framework, you will need to do as Rob suggested above.

#5 attac

attac

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

OK, I'll have to do it the hard way. Thanks for your answers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Special Recent Posts, CSS