Photo

CSS Help?

css

Best Answer Rob , 14 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we're not able to provide you with customized CSS solutions.   However, the element you're looking for is #branding .branding_wrap.  Adding margin-left: -20px; to that helps considerably.

I can point you to use Firebug for Firefox (a free add-on) or, if you prefer Chrome, the built-in Inspection Tool there. Either of these will allow you to point to the element you wish to change and observe the HTML and CSS behind it. You can also modify the CSS in the sandbox (where the CSS shows) to test it. When it appears as you'd like, copy the code directly from the sandbox and paste to Custom Code.

You should know that PlatformPro is now a deprecated product and it might be best to upgrade to PageLines Framework.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Hi There,

I was wondering if someone could give me a quick hand on a CSS issue I'm having. 

What CSS Rule would I need to put in the custom code section to shift my header left a few pixels.  If you take a look at my site you can see that the header is just a few pixels too far to the right.

http://www.durhamdigs.ca/

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:43 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Unfortunately, we're not able to provide you with customized CSS solutions.   However, the element you're looking for is #branding .branding_wrap.  Adding margin-left: -20px; to that helps considerably.

I can point you to use Firebug for Firefox (a free add-on) or, if you prefer Chrome, the built-in Inspection Tool there. Either of these will allow you to point to the element you wish to change and observe the HTML and CSS behind it. You can also modify the CSS in the sandbox (where the CSS shows) to test it. When it appears as you'd like, copy the code directly from the sandbox and paste to Custom Code.

You should know that PlatformPro is now a deprecated product and it might be best to upgrade to PageLines Framework.

#3 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Rob,

That solved my problem.  I would like to upgrade to framework, but it isn't in my organizations budget at the this moment.

What is the estimated lifespan of framework?  When I orginally purchased PlatformPro I didn't realize that it had a limited lifespan.

Cheers,

Jim

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Jim,

I don't think there's any expected cut off date for support, or any particular lifespan.  Products change often due to external circumstances, like the adoption of CSS3 and HTML5, so it's sometimes out of our control to keep a product supported.

I'm very happy the answer I provided solved your immediate problem!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css