Photo
- - - - -

Footer Tag Line and Address

Footer tag line template

Best Answer Danny , 17 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

You can use the ContentBox section in the footer and use the Site Defaults to make it global through your site, you can use the MoreFoot or Footer Columns widget section and use a text widget, along with some basic HTML to center your text.

The third option is probably the best but also the most difficult and that would be to use a hook. If you're unsure how to create this hook, then I recommend you contact one of our pros, who will be happy to assist you.

http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fpcas9431

fpcas9431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Good day:

I would like to add my address in contact info in so that it shows on every page (right beneath or above) Secondary Nav at bottom of page.

I would like this to be in text format in so that SEO finds it. I would like but don't need to have a hyperlink in here so that I can connect it to contact page and/or google maps.

I cannot find anyway that PageLines will put text here.

I have tried FiTText: That gives me Text in a HUGE font not not appropriate here and not able to control colour or size.

I have tried putting this in Header/Footer Set-up: More Statement in Footer and FootCols section but this text does not appear on screen.

Thoughts: Help?

www.newsite.thetradinglab.com

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

If you got to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets, you may add a Text Widget to the footer. In the text widget, you may add any text you'd like.

#3 fpcas9431

fpcas9431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

No I did that: 

You can add text to a widget, but in footer I only have

Full width sidebar ....makes a mess three column thing

Footer sidebar columns....same only different above

Then it allows me to add hero, twitter, nav bar, more foot sidebars...not it either

but nowhere in footer or more footer can I seem to add one centred line of text...any further thoughts?

www.newsite.thetradinglab.com

BEst

F

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:51 AM   Best Answer

You can use the ContentBox section in the footer and use the Site Defaults to make it global through your site, you can use the MoreFoot or Footer Columns widget section and use a text widget, along with some basic HTML to center your text.

The third option is probably the best but also the most difficult and that would be to use a hook. If you're unsure how to create this hook, then I recommend you contact one of our pros, who will be happy to assist you.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 fpcas9431

fpcas9431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hi Ninja; I hired a programmer to get that done.

In terms of the reply above; You cannot in this template add content box it's not available in footer nor more footer

Text widgets do work, however controlling font size, colour and treatment do not so that's a non starter too.

Suggestion in future builds: Add content box to footer and more footer as I'm sure I am not the only one who's come across this.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

The ContenBox works for me in my MoreFoot and Footer area, thats the reason I suggested the section.

#7 fpcas9431

fpcas9431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Interesting: Didn't for me however did for programmer. 

At the end though what I was looking for was: PageLines Footer Extra in Global Settings. For some reason in my load/build/ or Update, that wasn't showing anything. In the migration to going live, and unloading, reloading the Pagelines theme....that started working and now its there...see www.thetradinglab.com

That was all I was trying to get to...

#8 fpcas9431

fpcas9431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

In Future though, now that I see your files how do I get a content box there when it is not giving me the options to drag one over: It's not in the boxes on right at all in Footer or more Footer?

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'd suggest checking those sections were active in the Pagelines store, also make sure you're using the Professional/Developer edition of Pagelines. If you had upgraded from the lite edition previously and Lite is still the active theme on your site some sections will be unavailable until you enter your username and password in to the account credentials box in Pagelines>dashboard>account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Footer, tag line, template