Photo
- - - - -

removing post info - specific posts

Best Answer Danny , 13 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hi,

In order to remove the meta bar data on a custom post type, you will most likely need to use a filter. However, you can hide it via custom CSS, I created a custom post type called movies, in the code below remove moveis and replace it will your custom post type name.

.single-movies .metabar em {
display: none;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

First, thanks.. loving page lines..

I resolved my issue searching these forums but it made me think of a "future" question..

I have a pagelines site and I am using easy digital down loads, which creates a custom post type "downloads"..

I was able to learn how to remove the post info (author, date, etc.) by adding the   to the Configure Full Width Post Metabar under PageLines - Site Options - Blogs and Posts.. great!

But "what if"... I had a site using the EDD plugin AND blog posts and I only wanted the post meta information removed from the downloads post type?

I'll admit I am new to wordpress, and assume I would override something else somewhere, such as a template file.. but in the spirit of learning, if one of you experts might point me in that direction.....

Admittedly, I am posting this for myself to find (with an answer) sometime in the future.. Like McFly punching Biff..

Thanks!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:45 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

In order to remove the meta bar data on a custom post type, you will most likely need to use a filter. However, you can hide it via custom CSS, I created a custom post type called movies, in the code below remove moveis and replace it will your custom post type name.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mightaswell likes this