• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tforasiepi

tforasiepi

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm looking for a resource who can help me modify a Section I bought from Pagelines Store called Pricing. I have added a new field to a copy of the section. The new version works great on my WAMP, but reverts back to the original section when I upload it. It does show up in the store.  It is activated and the original one is deactivated.  It is showing up in the Drag/Drop area.  However there are hash symbols where there should be buttons.

I needed to add a PayPal button option.  The original only had buttons with URL links.  I have attached the modified sections.php file for your reference.  The new PayPal buttons work on my local server, but not on my webserver.  It works with either type of button on my local server, too.

You can find the website here:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When it goes live it will be www.bluelogicllc.com

Thanks.
Taama Forasiepi

PS.  I there a way to allow for more than one row of items per page?

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi Taama,

As you have a Developer license, you probably know that you can participate in the developer group where you can get great help with this issue.

I'm unclear how you're modifying the section.  I mean, are you using an editor of some kind, or using something that may be adding code to the file?

Where are you uploading the file?  Did you add PHP or just modify something?

Here's some resources more for reference than instruction:

PHP Reference -

Dev essential Training videos -

Resource Center -

Otherwise hire a pro -

Or as a developer jump into the clan chat and check in with the other devs, they're bound to help

#3 tforasiepi

tforasiepi

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hi Rob,  Thanks for the reference materials.  I will look through them again to see if I am missing a step.  

I am very good at HTML and CSS, but am in the process of learning PHP.  Starting with some simple modifications on an existing Section seems to be getting me further in this process.  I have watched many of your videos and learned much, thank you for posting them!  Below are the steps I have followed:

1. Created a local WAMP on my machine to develop Sections for our websites and eventually the Pagelines Store.  
  2. Copied the Pagelines Pricing Section to my Plugins/Pagelines_Sections folder then duplicated it and gave it a new name.  
  3. Changed the class to BLPricing, like in the video.  
  4. Deactivated the original Sections and Activated the new section in the Pagelines/Store of my website admin area.
  5. Then I added the new section to a page template.  It shows up correctly.
  6. Next, I added some code to the new Section.php file until I got what I needed to happen.
    1. First, I registered the new variable on line 126 and called it $pplink.
    2. Next, I added an 'if' statement so it would compare $link to my new $pplink variable.  The theory is that if the user inputs a URL, it would print the $link variable in an <a href=" "> statement.  If they input a paypal form code then it would print the Paypal button instead.  Line 155
    3. Finally, on line 298, I registered a new variable called pppcol-link in the meta setting array. And put it in line 126, too.

The resulting sections works great on my local WAMP, but not on the Website at my host.  I just don't know what to ask on the developer chat room and when i try, I don't think they understand.  The chat room seems to be a great place for very short questions, but as you can see this takes some explaining.

I'm great at figuring things out, but i feel like I have missed a step on the hosted website.  I have edited the section.php in Dreamweaver and uploaded the resulting section (folder) using FileZilla into the Plugins/Pagelines_Sections folder.  I have attached another copy for your review.

Please help... I can feel that this is something real simple.

Thanks in advance.

-Taama

Attached Files

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hi, to clarify, we don't support customizations here and the moderators are not developers. The developer skype group is where you need to seek assistance for this and there's quite a few there who would be willing to help.

The Customization portion of this forum is simply to point people to resources.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.  If you have any questions about joining into that group, please write to hello@pagelines.com.

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

#5 tforasiepi

tforasiepi

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  It is sometimes hard to know where to go.  I will try the Developer's Skype room again and refer to the materials you sent.  Maybe now that I have written the issue down for you, I can formulate a question for them that makes sense.  Thanks for being my sounding board... it actually helped.

-Taama

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Taama,

Anytime you need a sounding board, don't hesitate!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: php, prices, section