Hi Rob, Thanks for the reference materials. I will look through them again to see if I am missing a step.
I am very good at HTML and CSS, but am in the process of learning PHP. Starting with some simple modifications on an existing Section seems to be getting me further in this process. I have watched many of your videos and learned much, thank you for posting them! Below are the steps I have followed:
- Created a local WAMP on my machine to develop Sections for our websites and eventually the Pagelines Store.
- Copied the Pagelines Pricing Section to my Plugins/Pagelines_Sections folder then duplicated it and gave it a new name.
- Changed the class to BLPricing, like in the video.
- Deactivated the original Sections and Activated the new section in the Pagelines/Store of my website admin area.
- Then I added the new section to a page template. It shows up correctly.
- Next, I added some code to the new Section.php file until I got what I needed to happen.
- First, I registered the new variable on line 126 and called it $pplink.
- Next, I added an 'if' statement so it would compare $link to my new $pplink variable. The theory is that if the user inputs a URL, it would print the $link variable in an <a href=" "> statement. If they input a paypal form code then it would print the Paypal button instead. Line 155
- Finally, on line 298, I registered a new variable called pppcol-link in the meta setting array. And put it in line 126, too.
The resulting sections works great on my local WAMP, but not on the Website at my host. I just don't know what to ask on the developer chat room and when i try, I don't think they understand. The chat room seems to be a great place for very short questions, but as you can see this takes some explaining.
I'm great at figuring things out, but i feel like I have missed a step on the hosted website. I have edited the section.php in Dreamweaver and uploaded the resulting section (folder) using FileZilla into the Plugins/Pagelines_Sections folder. I have attached another copy for your review.
Please help... I can feel that this is something real simple.
Thanks in advance.