Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Features stopped working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Features have stopped working - have them set in - Pagelines> Page Options  with the standard suggested rotation - fade - no navigtion - the name of my desired set and sized as 16:9, max 11 features.

Had worked until a day ago when the overflow showed up instead of a rotation.

Also have the feature set I want selected in the desired page.

Thanks to Rob's suggestion to another user - I have managed to hide the overflow - but the feature is still static and not fading to any of the other 10 Features in the selected set.

#page #feature-area {
overflow: hidden;
}

But am still no longer seeing a slideshow.

page involved at the moment is: http://drderekanthony.com/experience/opera/
access sent to hello@pagelines.com under the subject line Menu height.

Help - thanks....

29 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I see whats causing the error: http://screencast.com/t/Ra8LRGNWldH

That box should be width/height so 16:9 is 1.77

You just put 16:9 in, that broke the javascript.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://drderekanthony.com/experience/opera/

but you have to login to see it - client wants the site hidden - have emailedthe access codes to hello@pagelines.com... under my other open topic "Menu height"

have to go to www.drderekanthony.com/wp-admin and login with info provided in my email to 'hello'

Posted · Report post

What other topic? I dont have access to the hello email, thats the support desk. Youve opened a support desk ticket now so im sure someone else will be taking it over.

Posted · Report post

Hi - was trying to respond toDanny have not opened a support ticket. Have been told in the past not to post passwords here. How do I get them to all of you? There used to be a way to send a private message when clicking in a profile but I don't see that any longer.

Posted · Report post

on my phone - the above had posted twice....

Posted · Report post

As Simon points out, for us to help, we'll need to see the site live.  If you client seeks to hide the site from search engines, that's an option in Dashboard > Settings. Unfortunately, without having access our moderator team can't take a proper look at the site to find issues of concern.

Posted · Report post

UnderConstruction deactivated so that you can see the site.

Page where the slide show stopped working... and the hidden Feature slides were all showing....

http://drderekanthon...perience/opera/

Thank you!!

Posted · Report post

Do you have the settings for the slides set for specific size and are all the slides the exact same size?

Are all the slider settings correct, including a transition, speed and all the other slide settings set?

Posted · Report post

all images are the same size - all are set to be read at 16:9 as when I had a constant height the people were fat and the entire image didn't show.

All are set to fade and 5,000 to show and 1500 to change with I believe boxes for navigation - it had been working when I had a constant height and thumbnails for navigation - but even when I go back to the pagelines default images nothing is moving/changing.

made sure that settings were the same on the page as in the pagelines page options settings.

Posted · Report post

At this point, I think you'd have to hire a developer due to the volume of customization already done. 

I'll recommend you go to http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Posted · Report post

that is not an answer - the features were working a day ago - then suddenly stopped and were showing an overflow - there were no plugin or site changes - only changed the image proportions and the image navigation - nothing that I would need a developer for. Something that Pagelines was designed to handle.

Posted · Report post

Scoop,  I can't remotely tell what was done, nor can I just go into your site.  I suspect that settings were modified, somehow. Not blaming anyone for that, these things happen from time to time.  If you've modified images or changed anything, it's possible the settings have changed.  I'm sorry. I've not said this to be offensive, but to provide you with the best possible resources. 

Posted · Report post

Looking into your source code, it does not appear any transitions are set for the slide shown.  One thing you may need to check... are the slides in the same set you're trying to display?

Posted · Report post

Will double check but they were all in the 'opera' set - and they were all showing up on the page before I used your code to hide the overflow - which makes me think they are certainly there on the page and in the same set.

Posted · Report post

my settings in Page options - and in the page

post-19853-0-40812500-1360732525_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

Hi

if your images are all the same size, use static size.

If you have the CKEditor plugin, deactivate it.

If you have not checked each slide's transition, please do so and modify to a fixed, static size. If you have to, modify the images in a graphics editor to make sure they're the correct measurements.

Posted · Report post

Hi Scoop

Looking in firebug its showing a javascript error on the page. Looks like its coming from a plugin called ckeditor? I would suggest deactivating that, as it's still live on the site at the moment. Then flushing the cache fully, then try reloading the page.

You could also test to see if it's related to the css, remove the css and paste it into a blank text doc (so you have a copy safe) then save and see if the carousel resolves. If it does, then go through the css bit by bit to see which part is conflicting :-)

Posted · Report post

Disabled CKEditor - no change - will have to start removing css tomorrow  - to see if any of that helps.... thanks - will be back....

: (

Rob - you mentioned image size - current page content width is 1100px as is each Feature created in the same template - what should they be?

Posted · Report post

HI,

Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins and enable PageLines debug mode. PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Thank you!

Don't know what Magic Quotes is - of where I would turn it off.... Had simple CSS turned off yesterday ... did not make a difference - but I did have to rebuild it when I turned it back on and so I left it on now..

post-19853-0-31897400-1360760077_thumb.p

Posted · Report post

Have you made any changes to the core files at all ?

As you have this error on your site.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token :

Posted · Report post

Not sure what you mean by core files - and so I don't think so -had used customize a week or so ago - but - that was when the 'features' were working. they just stopped - will post all customizations here:

Site Options - custom code:

body{}

#site .section-branding .content {
background-color: black;
}

#site .section-nav .content {
}

.navigation_wrap .main_nav_container {
    float: left;
    height: 18px;
    margin-right: -230px;
    width: 100%;
}

#nav_row {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #8C8C8C;
}
.navigation_wrap .main_nav {
    height: 18px;
    margin-right: 230px;
    margin-top: 0;
    position: relative;
    text-align: left;
    z-index: 28;
}

ul.sf-menu li a {
    padding: 2px 2px;
}

ul.sf-menu ul li a {
    padding: 3px 5px 5px;
}

#site .section-features .content {
}

#site .section-boxes .content {

}

#site .section-page-main .container-group {
}

#page #feature-area {
overflow: hidden;
}

.page-id-34 section-content .texture h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #000000;}

.page-template-default .content { background: #000000;}

.page-template-alpha .section-content { background: #ffffff;}

.page-template-alpha .section-content .texture h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #000000;}

#page .page-template-alpha .section-boxes  h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #ffffff;}

Editor - Pagelines Customize custom code:

#.main_nav_container {
    float: left;
    margin-right: -230px;
    width: 100%;

}

#nav{
    background: #8C8C8C;
}
#nav_row{
#nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad {
    padding-bottom: 0px;
    padding-top: 0px;
background: #8c8c8c;
}

#menu-mainnav{
}
#branding {
    padding: 1px; background: #000000;
}

#menu-mainnav{
background: #8c8c8c;
}

Posted · Report post

The error dannys posted is a javascript error, you can view them using your browsers inspection tools. ANY js error will stop ALL js working on the page.

Posted · Report post

Have never done that - not sure how to find them - certainly not sure what to do with it or about it once I find it. Can you be more specific. Do you think creating a new page from the same template will help?

Posted · Report post

Excellent!!! You did it!!!

... but except now the images are far too high - where can I read more about the ratios so that I will know what to put in to change the height and keep the width when I redo these images?

THANK YOU!!! Simon!!