Photo
- - - - -

Possible to have content to right of feature slider?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ahopgood

ahopgood

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

I changed the size of the feature slider using the following css which was great, wanted to see if it would all work correctly (found in another thread)

#feature-area {
    border: 2px solid #ffffff;
}

#feature_slider {
width: 80%;
}

#feature-area,
.feature-wrap,
#feature_slider
.fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent,
#feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad,
#feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad,
#feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad {
  height: 330px;
}

#features .content { width: 80%; }

I'd like to be able to add content to the right of it, is this possible using grid, I can't seem to find if there's any way to add the feature slider into a table or something so that I can have content to the right of it.  I'd prefer if the feature slider didn't take up the whole width of the content area.

I attached a file as an example.

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hi,

I'm unclear what you're trying to place on the side of the slider. I don't believe the solution to this is going to be found in the grid and you can't add the slider to a table or other components.  At least not our feature slider.

However, our shortcode slider bases its width on the size of the image, and because the slider is placed by shortcode, it may be applied inside the grid. Since the grid needs a receptacle to hold it, you'd add a universal sidebar to the content area, place a text widget inside it and then add the code for the grid and slider and the content into the text widget. Alternatively, you may be able to use a Content Box.

If you don't want this on every page, of the same template, Widget Logic plugin will let you specify the location of the widget. Note, this doesn't work with Content Box.

#3 fumra

fumra

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

sorry to hijack this thread, i have similer requirment.

Can i copy the output html of the featred slider (From the live page's source) and put it inside the contect box or wordpress editor inside grid ?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi Fumra,

No, that method will not work correctly. You can use the shortcode slider (See

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).

The Feature Slider can be placed in the Content Area, with sidebars next to it.  Additionally, you can add text graphically, to the image.  There are many ways to manipulate the slider so that content or information may be presented on the side of a slide or the slider generally.  We also offer different slider options as premium plugins in our Store at Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections.

In future, kindly open a new topic to avoid hijacking, and reference the topic that seems similar. It allows us to provide you better attention to your needs.

I hope these recommendations help.