Photo
- - - - -

Center Logo Within the Navigation (with nav on both sides)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flourishdesignstudio

flourishdesignstudio

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York
  • Framework Version:all

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hello! I am putting together layout options for a client, and one of my layouts suggest centering the logo and having navigation on both sides of it. Before I send it as an option, I want to make sure it's possible with Pagelines! ;) Here's an example of what I mean: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Has anyone achieved this? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hi,

First, if you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and click Screen Options on the top right side, you'll see a drop down panel open.  One option will be CSS Classes.  Check it.  Then click on Screen Options again.

When you add a custom menu item or open an existing one, you may now add a unique word or phrase with no spaces that can be custom styled with CSS.

Between the first three items and the next, you can add a new menu item and use a # for the link. Using the unique class, you may always set the width of that specific element. 

As for making the logo... put that into the background, or, you can add it in several ways.  I do not know quite how you'd make it layer over a slider. A link can be made with that logo, based on how it's added and by using z-index, I suspect, to make it work.