Photo
- - - - -

Google Analytics Status: Tracking Not Installed

Google Analytics tracking

Best Answer Danny , 12 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

We do not have access to your site, therefore we haven't and can't remove anything. I am happy to hear that your analytics are now working.

If it says Tracker not installed, you haven't correctly installed Google analytics, I recommend you contact Google for assistance. All you need to do on PageLines end, is add your tracking code to the Footer Scripts & Analytics code area.

Also, if you have made changes to the core code, then I recommend you download a fresh copy of PageLines and using your FTP client, upload a fresh copy of the files you have made changes to.

As we do not recommend or support edits to the core files.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eveliut

eveliut

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi there,

Whatever I do, my Google Analytics Status says: Tracking Not Installed. I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks now. I've pasted my snippet to Editor > Footer.php, as well as to Site Options > Custom Code > Footerscripts Code or Analytics. I've also tried several plugins. I went back and I made sure I followed all the steps. Nothing seems to be working. According to Google forums, a lot of people seem to be facing this problem. Unfortunately, one cannot expect much help from Google. :)

Am I missing something? Do you have any ideas? Any help appreciated. ;)

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

In the header you have this code:

_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-0000000-0']);

​So google is probably just ignoring your page.

#3 eveliut

eveliut

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hmmmmm... I looked in header.php and I can't find this code.

#4 eveliut

eveliut

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Have you maybe removed it for me? I went to Analytics, the status still says Tracking Not Installed, but it started showing new visitors! I've read that's the case for some other Analytics users too. Well, who cares, as long as it shows traffic sources and visitors. ;)

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 AM   Best Answer

We do not have access to your site, therefore we haven't and can't remove anything. I am happy to hear that your analytics are now working.

If it says Tracker not installed, you haven't correctly installed Google analytics, I recommend you contact Google for assistance. All you need to do on PageLines end, is add your tracking code to the Footer Scripts & Analytics code area.

Also, if you have made changes to the core code, then I recommend you download a fresh copy of PageLines and using your FTP client, upload a fresh copy of the files you have made changes to.

As we do not recommend or support edits to the core files.

#6 eveliut

eveliut

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hi and thanks for the answer.

That's exactly where I installed it... I couldn't find the code Simon_P mentioned though. I guess I'll check Google forums for further assitance, but I'm glad it's finally working! Thanks for your time.

#7 kajort

kajort

• Members

• 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Where is  Footer Scripts & Analytics code area?

I see the custom scripts tab and installed Google Analytics code there, but they still don't see it.

Thx.

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

In PageLines Framework there was a setting in the main admin area for footer scripts.

#9 kajort

kajort

• Members

• 26 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

But now, in current Pagelines (I'm up to date), I would just add to the custom script area, yes?

So, that's what I've done...thoughts as to why google still says tracking now installed?

Thx!

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Im not sure what software your referring to, if its PageLines Framework then yes its as i described.

If your using DMS, then your should be in a different part of the forum rather than posting on a very old thread,

But to answer your question in the frontend editor just add to custom scripts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Google Analytics, tracking