Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Translation center? What happened to my translations?

Question

Posted · Report post

I tried to add some translations in the Translation center for Norwegian. Now it seems that what I added is gone, while the translations that are there seems to be done by Google translate...?

What happened?

Also there is a small error in the translation center: Norwegian translations should also be specified as either nb_NO (Norwegian bokmål) or nn_NO (Norwegian nynorsk). You can probably go with nb_NO, as that is what is most widely used.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Your help in correcting errors is deeply appreciated.  I'm sure Simon will receive your email shortly.

Posted · Report post

I replied and he has validator status Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Posted · Report post

I tried to add some translations in the Translation center for Norwegian. Now it seems that what I added is gone, while the translations that are there seems to be done by Google translate...?

What happened?

Also there is a small error in the translation center: Norwegian translations should also be specified as either nb_NO (Norwegian bokmål) or nn_NO (Norwegian nynorsk). You can probably go with nb_NO, as that is what is most widely used.

There are no translations in the 'queue'. Only an admin (me) can mark strings as verified, or delete them. And trust me i never delete any.

We do not use google translate at all.

If you want to be added to the no translations as an author/verifier just email me simon at pagelines dot com and i'll be happy to let you take over for that language.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Odd, maybe my suggestions weren't saved at all.

I don't think that you use Google translate, but it seems like someone did, because some of the translations are really bad. 

I'll email you, but it would be nice if you fix the issue so that it is translated into Norwegian Bokmål.