Photo
- - - - -

Staff Page - Recreate functionality from our existing site to our redesign

staff page boxes categories functionality sort

Best Answer catrina , 11 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

A sorting function would be an advanced customization and I don't think you'd be able to use the Boxes with that function. I think the best way to approach this would be to create separate sub pages for each category so you don't have to hire someone to create the custom sorting function for you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PSHCS

PSHCS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

We are in the process of redesigning our website with PageLines.  We have most of the content created, now we are just working on some site functionality and styling.  Our biggest hurdle at the moment is how to create the staff page.  

We would like to keep a similar functionality to that of our current site,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.  Our current build of the redesign is available at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So far we have started setting up boxes and box sets for each of our physician types; audiology, dentisty, optometry, & podiatry, as well as for medical assistants.  I can tell so far that it will be fairly easy to make all of the doctors from each category show up, but I am not sure how/if i can get the sort functionality.  Would it be easiest to create a separate sub pages for each category and make an overall page for everyone or is their a way to add the sorting function?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:12 PM   Best Answer

A sorting function would be an advanced customization and I don't think you'd be able to use the Boxes with that function. I think the best way to approach this would be to create separate sub pages for each category so you don't have to hire someone to create the custom sorting function for you.

#3 PSHCS

PSHCS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

We were beginning to think the same as well.  Thank you for your feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff page, boxes, categories, functionality, sort