fixed nav bar navbar customize search form social icons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

hi all. i'd like to make some changes to the full width fixed navbar.

i'd like to reduce the height. this would require removing or changing the height of the rectangle behind my text link, and any padding in the searchform.

it will probably be too small/narrow for the search form, actually. how can i put the search form somewhere else, i.e., on the same line as the site title, and to the right of the social icons?

thank you!

suzy

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15626 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi Suzy,

I recommend you use either Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect your navbar. Then use our step by step guide of how to target an element and make changes to the code, which can be found here.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout. If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yeah. I spent two hours trying to find it before I posted here. Thanks a bunch. So, I guess that, when the mods say "We can't answer that question on Live Chat, you'll have to post in the Forums", they mean something else.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Suzy,

Let me clarify.  When we tell you that in Live, we hope to find a solution without providing code through settings or by giving guidance in the forum, where we have more time to look into an issue.  Whilst spending plenty of time in Live can be incredibly educational, it may not be the most efficient way to get a site built quickly. But, our Live Chat is not the best option for customization support.  We're more capable of looking at issues here than in Live Chat and I'll be happy to look into this for you.  If you're dissatisfied with this policy, please write to hello@pagelines.com.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fixed nav bar, navbar, customize, search form, social icons