Photo
- - - - -

Multiple "pages" on a single page

Best Answer Rob , 12 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

If I understand this correctly, you want panels of content from different parts of the site brought forth to a specific page for display. Are we discussing categories as the source of the content?  Will this be like blog posts with excerpt, title, link and thumbnail or, just select information?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Is there a generally accepted "best practice" for calling and displaying the content of multiple pages on one page.

I'm trying to setup a paneled parallax style website for a client, and would like to be able to have them create the "panels" as separate, logical pages.

Thoughts?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16526 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, however you will most likely want to use this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I've been chatting with another user offline about this, and I responded as below.

I think I might approach it a bit differently.

Instead of hacking together a child theme to try to get it to loop through - I might write a custom section that allows me to pull the content of a page/post. This would allow me to use any of the page/post editing tools to generate the content, but still follow Pagelines convention regarding section placement and canonical CSS references.

I don't want to break PageLines convention, but the current "contentbox" or standardized "sections" don't allow for free form design and development of the page. This causes a problem mainly with regards to full-width CSS declarations, the subject of which I'm about to create another post about.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 AM   Best Answer

If I understand this correctly, you want panels of content from different parts of the site brought forth to a specific page for display. Are we discussing categories as the source of the content?  Will this be like blog posts with excerpt, title, link and thumbnail or, just select information?

#5 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Yes, kind of - but only because of the inherent limitations of sections. Pulling in the content from a page/post will allow me to use layout or markup tools to manipulate the content.

However, with that said, I did speak with Nick, and there's a way to use CSS to "break" the full-width limitations of the content area. As a proof of concept, though, I'm trying to use Pagelines using its built-in components, without the need to refactor the convention that Pagelines operates within.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

In that case, I'll leave it to you and Nick. :)

#7 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Etcio - Did you and Nick come to any conclusions on this topic?  If so, can you share what you learned here or point me to where I can read about this same issue.  Thanks.

#8 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Etcio - Did you and Nick come to any conclusions on this topic?  If so, can you share what you learned here or point me to where I can read about this same issue.  Thanks.

Hit me up off line.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Is this topic resolved?

#10 etcio

etcio