• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JoseJones

JoseJones

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I was told to create a new topic, but I'm basically have the same issue as this earlier post.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Using latest version, 2.4 and still have this issue. Rather not make custom menus. 

Thank you.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi,

I have attempted to visit your site but is currently just a splash page. Therefore, can you open your site up so we can see the issue first hand please.

#3 JoseJones

JoseJones

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Danny,

Sorry, if I wasn't clear. My original question was if this bug was addressed, or not, given it was August '12 when it was reported and we're now ankle deep into Feb '13.  I was told to make a new post since the post was old. OK. So here we are. I'm using 2.4 and just want to know if this bug is fixed, or as the orignal thread stated, is there is a work around I can do so I don't have to create custom menus? I'm just asking questions to catch up given this bug was around awhle ago. If you come back and say it has been fixed a while ago, then I probably have a problem. Just trying to know what the status is.

Thank you.

Joe

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Joe,

Quite often people believe the condition they're experiencing is the same as someone else. Invariably the circumstances of the two similar symptoms are based on totally different causes. 

I don't know if a patch, as Danny described in the previous, referenced post was released.  If it was, it will be in 2.2x and beyond. However, whether a bug patch was added or not, your circumstances are likely 100% different from the other party.  Liken this to two patients of a doctor. Both have temperatures, sneezing, and chills. One has a common cold, the other the flu. The doctor must distinguish one from the other, just as have to determine the cause of your topic.

The recommended workaround was a CSS solution.  However, a plugin conflict may cause this.  So, I'll recommend you deactivate all the plugins with the following exceptions:  Akizmet, any cache plugin; PageLines Customize and PageLines Sections.   Occasionally, a plugin applies CSS to the same class or ID that is used by PageLines Framework.  As a part of the process of elimination, deactivation of the plugins will determine if this is the root cause.

Once tested, if the problem remains, please report back and we can guide you how to find the correct CSS solution.

#5 JoseJones

JoseJones

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Bummer, tried deactivating, clearing cache and no changes. So I guess I the css fix is in order.

I thought the original fix was to create custom menus. The CSS fix mention was for some other issue that OP mentions after the fact. But, I've been known to gloss over most everything in my life! :P  

I appreciate the help. And I get what you're saying. I try to be self service and in looking at the bug tracker I didn't find this mentioned. So that's why my first question is was it fixed, or not.  

#6 JoseJones

JoseJones

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

also, if you want I'd be more than happy to create a login for you to see for yourself?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Joe,

If you can post some screenshots, that may suffice.

#8 JoseJones

JoseJones

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's live now. Go to "Safe Routes to School" I have a background on the page, and the second nav says golden wheel.  But the background is showing. 

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hi,

Are you sure that for this page, the secondary nav is properly selected in PageLines Meta Settings? That it's not hidden?

If those are properly set, then please mail login details to robert@pagelines.com for an admin level account.

Thanks.