Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No posts on BLOG page

Question

Posted · Report post

I can't seem to show any blog posts on the blog page. Here is what I've done to troubleshoot.

I deactivated all plugins, and there is no cache plugin.

I setup blog in Settings >> Reading >> Static Page after I created a page called "blog".

I checked the Pagelines >> Site Options >> Blog and Posts, all good there as best I can see.

I've also checked Pagelines >> Page Options >> 404 page and only "content" is added so that should be good.

Also, when I created the blog page, I didn't change template, its simply set to default.

All I verified that posts are set to public / published.

Also, I can see the blog posts in the WPTouch version of the site just fine.

Is there anywhere else I should look.

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yeah seriously, I can't thank you enough and I do appreciate it greatly.

I'll look into having our real estate programmer, the RETS/IDX guru Jared Ritchey, alter the plugin.

~ Char

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You need to remove this from your CSS:

.hentry-pad section.post-meta {
    display: none !important;
}

Also, your real estate plugin appears to be causing a severe disruption with the PageLines Dashboard.  That's usually a first step before the plugin causes much more extreme issues.  I'd recommend replacing it, quickly.

Posted · Report post

Rob, it seems to be working, I'm blown away that it wasn't showing because of the css line for the real estate integration. Without looking, is .hentry-pad one of the pagelines elements?

Posted · Report post

Very much so.  And this is one of the reasons why your RE plugin should be replaced. It's using commonly used elements for its CSS causing conflicts.  Properly crafted plugins would only use common elements judiciously and place everything possible into a unique class or ID.

I'm glad your blog is working now.

Posted · Report post

We still need the screenshots Danny requested.

There appears to be something in the blog page. It's showing <-Previous Entries.  Either a plugin is causing the problem or some other issues.

Thanks for the link.  I see the problem is there, and think those screenshots will help.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Okay, some questions:

1.  Did you add any content in the page's edit field?

2.  Did you check Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates > Blog to see if Content is present?

3.  Did you check Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates > Default to see if Content is present?

4.  Did you check Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Content Area > Blog and make sure that PostLoop is present?

5.  Did you check Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Content Area > Default, and Blog and Posts and make sure that PostLoop is present?

6.  On the page itself, make sure under the PageLines Meta Settings you don't have Hide Content or Hide PostLoop checked.

Posted · Report post

adminone.jpg

admintwo.jpg

adminthree.jpg

Posted · Report post

Hi, please set up an Administrator level user with robert@pagelines.com and email details to that address.  I will have to go in and look at the page itself as there appears nothing wrong with those screenshots.

Thanks for adding them.

Posted · Report post

Thank you sincerely;

I set it up, you should have received an email.

Posted · Report post

All of the above verified, blog page is still blank.

Posted · Report post

Got it.  Looked inside. The set up of everything is fine. However, you have some serious plugin conflicts.

The PageLines dashboard doesn't look correct by any measure.  When this happens (and it's even happened to me) the culprit was a plugin that's outdated and broken.

I seriously believe that what you need to do is leave only PageLines Customize and PageLines Sections, and Simple CSS Lite active, and then see if everything resolves.  Once you see it fixed, re-activate the plugins, one at a time. Refresh the Dashboard and the Blog page in other browser panes, and see if they break again.  If they do, the last plugin activated is your culprit and it should be deactivated, removed and replaced.

Plugins should always be checked every time WordPress updates. Even if you don't activate the WP update, the plugins can become deprecated, causing all sorts of issues.

Let us know how this goes.

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a number of screenshots please for the following:

PageLines > Drag&Drop > Page Template > Blog 

PageLines > Drag&Drop > Content Area > Blog 

Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading > 

Also, I have visited your site and I am not able to see where your blog page is supposed to be, can you provide a link to your blog please.

Once we have the above information/images, we will be able to resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Ok every single plugin is disabled and does not work. I'm at a loss as to what this can be.