Photo
- - - - -

Visual Editor Screwed When Updating Wordpress 3.5.1

visual editor tags widgets javascript error

Best Answer Simon_P , 08 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

One of your plugins is using an out of date jquery library. This happens every time wordpress update the core libs, it takes the plugin authors several months to realise and update.

Even though plugin/theme authors are notified months in advance lol.

So go thorough all your plugins and make sure they are all up to date, and if problem persists try the following:

1. clear your browser cache ( you may have the old jquery cached localy )

2. reupload wordpress files ( all except the wp-content folder )

Hopefully that will fix it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Please can you help me with an error. I recently updated wordpress and now within the control panel, tags, widgets and text editor, are all not working..

Please see my short screencast video. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(I'm using the latest version of platform pro)

Really appreciate your help in advance!

Cheers,
Steve

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 PM   Best Answer

One of your plugins is using an out of date jquery library. This happens every time wordpress update the core libs, it takes the plugin authors several months to realise and update.

Even though plugin/theme authors are notified months in advance lol.

So go thorough all your plugins and make sure they are all up to date, and if problem persists try the following:

1. clear your browser cache ( you may have the old jquery cached localy )

2. reupload wordpress files ( all except the wp-content folder )

Hopefully that will fix it.

#3 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thank you so much Simon, I followed your instructions and then realised it was one of the plugins so I tested them one by one and it is working now. Cheers for the useful advice, now I won't freak out in future lol. Have a good day!

Steve

#4 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I am having the same issue. Which plugin was the problem? I wonder if I am using the same one and what I might do to replace the plugin function, while repairing the visual editor?

Please advise.

thanks,

-brenton

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi Brenton

It wasn't mentioned in the post which one was causing the problem unforutnately. To determine which one could be affecting your layout you can either disable them all at once, or one by one to see which resolves the admin panel.

If there's a new version of the plugin available you can update, you'll see any new versions available in Plugins>installed plugins via the wp admin area, they'll be a prompt under the plugin name.

To replace the plugin if there's no update available, it would be a case of searching for another plugin via the wordpress codex to  perform the same functions unfortunately.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visual editor, tags, widgets, javascript error