Photo
- - - - -

changing boxtitle size

boxes boxtitle H3

Best Answer Danny , 11 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

In order to do this you're going to need the following:

1. FTP Client
  2. You must be using the Base Child Theme, otherwise you won't be able to do it.

Ok, now you need to download a fresh copy of PageLines Framework from your Launchpad and extract the zip.

Then navigate to the sections folder, so you can see the Boxes sections folder.

Then open up your favourite FTP client and connect to your site and navigate to the following directory.

/wp-content/themes/"Your Base Child Theme folder" Unless you have renamed the folder, then this is usually called pagelines-template-theme

Now upload the Boxes section folder (from the one you have download from your PageLines Launchpad) to the Sections folder in your child theme.

Once you have done the above, you can now freely edit the Boxes section in your child theme, which is now a child section of the Boxes section. You can make the changes in the section.php file.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EvaB

EvaB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.4

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

I would like to change the boxtitle size from H3 to H2 (.fboxtitle h3), but I just can't seem to find out how to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Eva

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

If you're looking to change the box title size, you’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. For help with the font-size attribute, please see these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 EvaB

EvaB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi, thanks. The only thing is that my change does not have to do with font size, but with the need to change H3 in H2, and that does not work like this. I have tried it, but no... success. So maybe there is another option? Thanks.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi,

If you prefer not to use CSS to change the font size but would rather change the header tag for whatever reason, then you will need to create a child section and customise the code, changing the h3 tag to whatever you like.

#5 EvaB

EvaB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thanks,

That's what I want do do Danny. Can you tell me how?

Thanks,

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:20 PM   Best Answer

In order to do this you're going to need the following:

1. FTP Client
  2. You must be using the Base Child Theme, otherwise you won't be able to do it.

Ok, now you need to download a fresh copy of PageLines Framework from your Launchpad and extract the zip.

Then navigate to the sections folder, so you can see the Boxes sections folder.

Then open up your favourite FTP client and connect to your site and navigate to the following directory.

/wp-content/themes/"Your Base Child Theme folder" Unless you have renamed the folder, then this is usually called pagelines-template-theme

Now upload the Boxes section folder (from the one you have download from your PageLines Launchpad) to the Sections folder in your child theme.

Once you have done the above, you can now freely edit the Boxes section in your child theme, which is now a child section of the Boxes section. You can make the changes in the section.php file.

#7 EvaB

EvaB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. I will try to work it out.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

No problem, if you run into any issue, let us know!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, boxtitle, H3