#1 gwiley

gwiley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Just curious if there's a way through Pagelines or if anyone has found a Plugin for WP that'll allow you to create multiple headers and have them displayed/change to by date?

I like creating 'themed' headers depending on the year (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, etc.) and display them to celebrate those holidays.  I used to do it manually with my old site, but I'd rather automate it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-gw

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I personally haven't used any but there are some to choose from at http://wordpress.org...otating header. I would recommend checking the reviews on each of them and make sure it's compatible with the latest WordPress.

#3 gwiley

gwiley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yeah.  I can't seem to find one that allows me to display a particular header by date range.  Most of them are just to display a random header- kind of like an Ad Banner- not really what I'm looking for.

#4 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think unfortunately that if you are unable to locate a plugin that will do this you will need to use Custom CSS or PHP. There are a few threads in the WordPress Support forums that people have asked for the same thing and they used up using custom PHP. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself I recommend hirign a Pagelines Pro because messing up your PHP files can cause all kinds of trouble.